TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i get a new maf sensor and a cold air intake for my t-bird. i really need to know fast becuase my car needs it bad...thanks guys

·
Registered
803 Posts
A new MAF can be had at Pep Boys or most any parts store.
You already have cold air supply with a stock airbox setup, what more do you want?

richardm

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
If youhave a few hundred bucks, get an '01 mustang GT maf and intake tube, Fivestar ford or a junkyard, and geta chip withthe MAF transfer fuction. htat the only intake mod that actualy works. A cone filter and a "CAI" onlyrealy increase throttle responce. Bring your car down here to columbus with $50-60 for parts, I'll show you how to make a CAI for it. $40 cone filter,and a couple parts from Lowes.

·
Banned for Life
180 Posts
I also carry the 80/90 MM LM and the new 02 GT maf in stock along with AWSFA 12C plugs and the 180 stat along with the new Marauder air box and Maf

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pick up the MAC cold air kit, I installed it on 66dvlbrd68 1996 4.6L 'bird and it help's out alot, seems to pick up nicely on the top of the tach, with the stock air box it felt a bit slugish....I have a BBK on the Cobra and its helped out but it is crap compared to the MAC one.
Its $180 from MAC, check some of the MAC dealers in the 'stang rags you might find a better deal.

Good luck.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Info on MAC cold air

this is what i got from them when i asked about their cold air kit

Part# is 3603
$179.50
800 367 4486

email MAC performance at: [email protected]
ask for availability for your application.

·
Registered
710 Posts
What all is the MAC kit comprised of? and what exactly does it look like is there anyone who could get me a picture of it? That would be great. I have a 3.8 but i'm helping out a friend with a 96 4.6L cause he want's to do some stuff to it but doesn't know where to begin. Thanks

·
2,028 Posts
Spike said:
What all is the MAC kit comprised of? and what exactly does it look like is there anyone who could get me a picture of it? That would be great. I have a 3.8 but i'm helping out a friend with a 96 4.6L cause he want's to do some stuff to it but doesn't know where to begin. Thanks
I have a crappy digital camera...i'll try to post a pic of it sometime in the next couple of days if you'd like.

It's basically 3 parts:
before the MAF
after the MAF
the cone filter

...and a few other assorted clamps and things.

Relatively easy to do...as long as you have like some screw drivers and a 5/16" socket.

Just have to remove the stock airbox and tube after the MAF to the throttle body.
...then crawl under the car and pull back the fender liner on the passenger side and get the small cone attached properly.

there are 2 different kits.

4.6L : Part #3603
3.8L : Part #3604

i am not sure if the 3.8L one is specifically for the super coupe or not.

i think i'm rambling at this point....so yeah...i'll shut up now.

·
2,028 Posts
Spike said:

·
2,028 Posts
Spike said:
Thanks a lot man... good help!
no problem.

i'm sorry it took me so damn long to get the pics and get them up on the site.
i'm new to website development and html. i didnt do so hot @ C++ programing either.

got some good software for developing a website w/ my buddies this weekend...so i'm gonna start learning the hard way i guess.

when we're done w/ it, i'll have a link in my signature... hopefully i'll have higher quality pictures of my car and of everything else.

have a good one.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
RichardM

Hey dude.. you got mail...............................................

·
2,028 Posts
VicRattlehead said:

see that big bend right befor the maf, yea that one, thats BAD BAD BAD you want a strait shot into the maf about 4+ inches.
haven't had any problems yet. doesn't ping or anything else. I understand your concerns. However, so far, so good.

as long as my car runs alright, I wont worry about it. if something starts going wrong, i'll throw the stock stuff back on.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
im not saying you will have problems, just be aware that that might be the cause of a problem if you do have a problem mac sells thousands of them things so its probably not all that bad.

·
2,028 Posts
VicRattlehead said:
im not saying you will have problems, just be aware that that might be the cause of a problem if you do have a problem mac sells thousands of them things so its probably not all that bad.
i understand completely what you're saying. i will keep that in mind if anthing ever arises (hopefully, nothing ever will). i keep my MAF clean, use a decent amount of K&N oil (so as not to have it sucked up), and i run 91 octane (high altitue formula)

I try to keep my car in tip top shape. Now if only i can keep the damn thing clean!

:D

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
66dvlbrd68 said:
I try to keep my car in tip top shape. Now if only i can keep the damn thing clean!

NO WAY NO HOW. AINT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!:D :D i havent washed/waxed/vacumed or touched my car in 3 months, it looks like hell. first thing i do after the engine goes in will be to drive it to the carwash.

now i have a question. what CAI do i need to get with a 00 GT motor in a 96 bird? do i get the mustang cai or the one for a tbird???

·
2,028 Posts
Cold Air for PI motor (swaped in)

VicRattlehead said:

NO WAY NO HOW. AINT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!:D :D i havent washed/waxed/vacumed or touched my car in 3 months, it looks like hell. first thing i do after the engine goes in will be to drive it to the carwash.

now i have a question. what CAI do i need to get with a 00 GT motor in a 96 bird? do i get the mustang cai or the one for a tbird???
Heh....wax? what's that? One of these days i'll get around to washing/waxing/detalining the %^&* out of my car....i'll send pics so they get posted on the front page (or something).

I plan on either doing a head swap or obtaining a '99-02 GT motor. However, I am unsure what kind of CAI you will need to get it to attach to the motor. I know some people say they have a GT intake tube...but....who knows.

might have to mix and match...half of the MAC Cold air w/ like a BBK or RichardM tube or something connecting from the back end of the MAF to the throttle body.

time to do some more investigating.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts