TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to replace the torque converter in my 94 thunderbird lx it has the 4r70w trans, i want to get one that has about a 2500 stall but im not really sure where to get one from. Any ideas here? I was also wanting to know will i have to repace the flexplate? Or are any other mods need to be done, like a tranny cooler or something?

·
Registered
369 Posts
weswing04 said:
the mark8 TC's are 2400 stall and can be had for well under $300(with flexplate) from Dan @ Joe Cooper...
How can we get ahold of him. That sounds perfect for what I want, if it will hold up to the SC torque.

·
Registered
369 Posts
ha ha Thanks, I will give him a call. Is this like a junk yard or a dealership with new parts? Oh, and a last name might be helpful.

Thanks again

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
He's one of the top FRPP dealers in the country, and his prices are hard to beat. He is the director of parts operation at Joe Cooper Ford. The 800 number listed on the front page is to his personal line, I've never had anyone answer it but Dan, and if he's not in, leave a message, he'll call you back. BTW: His last name is Newman.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Doubtful that they will get them cheaper, by the way the discounted prices are for TCCOA members only. You will need to have a membership number when ordering. Dan is da man.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
cmhampto4 said:
i have relatives that work for ford, do you think they can get the parts cheaper for me
depends on the dealerships policy. i get 10% over cost on my parts. therefore, if i need anything, or anyone i really know needs, it is pretty cheap. your dealer may give employees 20-25% off list. in that case, it may be cheaper to buy from Dan. i'd check into it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts