TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my Cougar lowered and was wandering if there is a website I can order from or contact. I guess addco makes endlinks, but what part # do I need?

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Pepboys sells universal Energy Suspension endlinks that will work. I posted the PN for the ones that will fit our application...do a search it will be there:)

joseph

·
Registered
801 Posts
stoltz13 did you ever find out the part number for that i need it too. thanks

CamellionCat

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, but I talked to a person from addco who said it was unnecessary to get shorter endlinks. I also have a friend who is very knowledgeble and he also said it would be uneeded based on the fact the bar pivots in it's mounts on the car's body and thus isn't affected by the ride height. It seems to make sense because otherwise your suspension geometry would change everytime you go over a bump. The bar is designed solely to keep pressure on the wheel on inside of the turn by transfering the twisting force caused by body roll from one side of the car to the other. It isn't suppose to effect the upward or downward motion of the body, just the relationship of the wheel on one side of the car to the wheel on the other side.

So what do you think, do I need shorter endlinks for a 1.5 drop?

·
Registered
238 Posts
some ppl say that the shorter endlinks will allow the rear of the car to get lower.

I have over 3 inches of drop and stock endlinks. Ideally you want the bar parell and the control arms to the ground but that does not always happen.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
so i am ok with the stock links on the back of my lowered bird then, i have eibach lowering springs on it and im pretty sure stock sway bar. i will be reinstalling them then this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts