• Other (please list)

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious as to where people get their performance parts for thier rides when they get them online?

I get 99% of my parts from Summit Racing. They have a warehouse in Atlanta and I can order something in the morning and it will be on my front porch the next day (assuming it can ship from Atlanta, which I check first). They use UPS, so the tracking is usually really good.

So who do you guys use? Summit, Jegs, Smaller online shops, or someone else?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Summit and Jegs are great companies. Summit's online set up is easier to navigate than Jeg's, but it's really close for me. I will always try to buy locally first (support your own neighborhood), next I come here and then mail order.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
ebay

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I used to be a Summit Racing kinda guy. That changed when they opened the warehouse in Atlanta. Now I have to pay 7% sales tax if I order from them. Now it is Jeg's for me.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
I use TCCoA.com, corral.net, modularfords.com, svtperformance.com, modulardepot.com, mach1registry.com...one man's trash, is another man's treasure :)

for new OEM Ford/Motorcraft parts I use Tousely Ford dealership through svtperformance.com

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
i get some used stuff from racers at nmra/nmca races
some comes from summit
some from places like tccoa, modularmisfits.com, moddepot, sccoa

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I use summit for generic parts.

for new OEM Ford/Motorcraft parts I use Tousely Ford dealership through svtperformance.com
ditto. They have a good online catalog now too.

·
Registered
917 Posts
i get any ford specific parts from Jon, and i used to get them from jason. I order generic stuff from summit because its always in stock. And specialty stuff i use scp and the boards.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
OEM/FRPP: FastParts LLC, then Dan, then Jason, and finally (and still) Tousley Ford. I tried to stick with vendor on this site, but between not having everything in stock, taxes, and able to match locally, I generally get a price and go with cheaper if I have had a good experience with them.
Aftermarket: Rock Auto
Used: TCCoA, CVN, eBay
Last ditch: Summit racing

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
ditto. They have a good online catalog now too.
cool...i didnt know that...those guy's aren't too bright, but they have freakin good pricing that I have yet to see anyone match, let alone beat lol

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I probably should have clarified my question a little more. I was mainly interested in “new parts” that you could buy 20 or 30 at one time if you wanted to. Not used parts or “one off’s” like you find on forums, eBay, Craig’s list etc.

But thanks for the replies and info. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
645 Posts
I use all three, but I'm mostly Summit. Jeg's has some things that Summit doesn't stock. There aren't any speed shops around here. The closest one is 50 miles away.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
cool...i didnt know that...those guy's aren't too bright, but they have freakin good pricing that I have yet to see anyone match, let alone beat lol
Well they aren't like Dan was, getting at least a call ever day from a t-bird owner. Our cars are now at least 11 years old. Cold call any dealer about an 11 year old car and you'll get some dumb questions....

·
Administrator
8,103 Posts
i get any ford specific parts from Jon
I will always try to buy locally first (support your own neighborhood),
:zwthstpd: X2!

I've been buying my Ford stuff from Jon since I've known him. He's always been good to me! :thumbsup:

If I need something he can't get for whatever reason, then I'll try here or SCCoA. I've bought a few things from Jegs and Summit in the past with no problems.

Joe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts