TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been all over my area looking for a shop that will put together my front spring/shock assemblies... but no one will do it! What shops did everyone here go to? I assume it'll be impossible to have it done at a chain shop like Belle Tire and such.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
you can either rent a compression tool from autozone or o'reillys and do it yourself, or most mechanic shops have a wall mounted spring compressor. The first time I lowered my 3.8, I just took the springs and shocks to a local home owned shop and they did it for $20. shouldnt be THAT hard to find someone.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I've never had any problems finding a wall-mounted spring compressor, huh Wes???:cool:

Try one of the major name shops, like Midas, I know they have one.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Its belivable not finding a place. Warren is pretty small. Next time you go to town, to the mall or grocery store or something, you should be able to find a place pretty easy. You are not far from some more resonable sized towns.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
I've never had any problems finding a wall-mounted spring compressor, huh Wes???:cool:

Try one of the major name shops, like Midas, I know they have one.
oh shudap...you have access to just about anything needed to work on a car. im jealous :p

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Yeah, but the new flowbench and boring bar take the cake.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I went to Midas today and they installed my springs on my new shocks for $25.00. Boy, that wall mounted spring compressor is the way to go.

Tony:)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, I did find a place. This huge auto parts store a few miles from my house has a machine shop and everything, they did it for $30.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts