TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 60 of 786 Posts

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
hey i work in Sam's club and i make 9.70/hr
work 2-3 times a week around 20 some hours
i get to hit on all the ladies and flirt with em and compete between us cashiers
and we do end up with some #'s
its tought beein baller on budget but $hit worked out for me 3 yrs now
im startin to hate it and can't wait ill i finish school so i can find REAL job
btw. im goin to school for Vehicle design and i will be gettin my Associate degree in May.After that i will be transfering to University to complete bachelor degree in same field
pretty soon I will be gettin real job and can't wait till i start makin some real Loot
peace...:D

·
Registered
668 Posts
I hold 2 jobs.
My day job is on Fort Wainwright at a place called DAPS. DAPS I have a cool title-----> Duplicating Machine Operator :thumbsup: Or Glorified Kinko's worker if you wanna be a D*ck about it. Where I make a desent wage of 13.38hr.

My night job I work at Honest Bingo. Now don't clown. I know it is bingo but with tips and my hourly wage I average about 26-30 and hour.:ztoohot: I do this like 3 or 4 times a week for 6 hours you do the math.

Not to bad.

GT:wavey:

·
Registered
68 Posts
i work at a walgreens, it's a crapy job, not much action going on there... i get paid 7 dollars an hour, and again it suXs!... i'm actually working for the car, .. i really need to find and real job, lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
I take x-rays at an area hospital. Not many perks unless you count backless gowns. The drunks are fun sometimes too.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Pharmacist
...currently without a job. I agree with Cougarstriker89erLS, Walgreen's (or any other retail store) would suck to work for. I've worked hospital and home infusion.

I worked at a sweatshop pharmacy for prisons for a month and I got out of there real quick. That was at the end of February. Now it's time (after a little time off) to get going again.

I'd like to get out of pharmacy altogether and do something creative. Like write books or own a unique small business or do something neat with computers.
Who knows.
:confused:

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
I work in the IS department of a staffing company, employed over 50,000+ people last year.

I maintain:

All the servers, Make new system purchase decisions, manage the telephone system, (upgrading, runing cables), We have are own mini ISP..

I also maintain, and write the payroll software that pays the employees, this includes the billing software, and intergration into our main accounting package.. Also write several other custom applications for other projects.. My department consists of 3 people, me, my boss, and one telephone support guy.

I use to work @ Ace Cash Express, < the company sucks..., however it paid the college tuition..

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
1 1/4-oz. pkg. yeast
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1 tsp. plus 1/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp. butter
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tsp. salt
2 cups whole wheat flour
3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
1 egg (for egg wash)

That how I make my Dough...............

I make my money working for Hewlett Packard as an engineer.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I manage a database repair lab for a software company. We do a host of things, second level support for ts, the occasional qa, database repair/customizations, password retreival, helpdesk, and add-on product development. I have about 25 computers with every win/mac os ever produced in my windowless room. It hums lke a room full of hookers in here. I supervise 2 other agents that work with me I am pretty much my own boss(as long as I show the suits the money). We have developed our own tools and use delphi 6 and vb as our dev tools, both for our own tool dev and our addon dev.

I love my job!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Well... I'm a senior in high school... i sed to have two jobs (deliveries and working at a store... about $350 total a week), but now im just working at the store. Its a Hobby and Toy store, its a good job. make about 150 - 200 a week. in the summer i have to pick up a second job once again so i can make insurance payments on the sc im going to buy and pay off my spring break (SPAIN!!). Then next fall i will be at Grand Valley State University in Allendale/Grand Rapids, MI studying for mechanical engineering. -greg

·
Don't call me a Newbie
397 Posts
IT Consultant who is wealthy (according to the Taxaholics in DC). :zraped:
Dr. FrankenCougie said:
I split peas at a split pea factory. You got to get the suckers just right!

-Scott
And I always figured you for a fried bean refryer. My mistake. :D
(Actually, "Mad Scientist" is what I suspected.)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I used to work at MCDS till i quit/got fired. Now i mow lawns. Seasonal but it payes. Im mostly living off the money i saved up during my MCDS employment.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I am an engineer wage-slave for a large tier-1 automotive supplier in Detroit. I work in suspension systems, we supply suspension components and modules to the big three and Japanese/European transplants.

I wish I could leave Detroit and live somewhere else, but I like what I do, at least most of the time.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
before my current race track job, i used to be a dressing room attendant at victoria's secret :thumbsup: oh, how nice that was :rolleyes:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm a service tech for Bellsouth. If you need a phone, I hook it up. If it's broke, I fix it. Working for a major corporation is a pain in the *** as far as company politics goes, but the job is easy and the pay and benefits are outrageous. I've been in this job for over 7 years and have seen, heard, and done things I never imagined I would see, hear, or do at work. The best part of the job is the good customers and the worst part of the job is the PITA customers. I don't know what my favorite job related story is, it's a toss up between the girl in the blue panties and the girl in the smiley face panties:cool: . That's very rare though, but it sure is nice.
GUN

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
Freelance Musician in the metroplitan Detroit area. I work with two big bands, and a brass ensemble, in addition to the theater work I do in various communities. My part-time work is as a contractor computer workstation field engineer.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
I'm a full time student at the University of New Mexico. I'm a Senior in the Department of Physics and Astrophysics (PandA to some). I'm on the 5 year (5.5 year?) plan because I decided on majoring in Astrophysics a year into school, so I had to kinda push my way into the program late...so I've always been trying to 'catch up.'

Where do I get my $$$? I usually get a Pell Grant from the Government...usually my tuition and books are paid in full by that.

I DO work though...I'd say part time, but it all really depends on my school schedule. I work at LodeStar Astronomy Center (LAC). My 'big' assignment right now is running a 16" Meade Telescope every Sunday so that the general public may view the Sun...they call it 'Solar Sunday'... heh.

Other than that, I do "Education Outreach." Basically, I just run an assortment of telescopes and train new comers on how to find things in the night sky (Constellations, names of certain stars, planet locations, 'Seas' of the Moon, etc.). On occasion, I do planetarium shows in our Starlab (no that is NOT me in that photo...I found that online). The Outreach crew goes to schools (elementary, mid, or high school) or to Boy/Girl Scout Troops free of charge....so that's always nice.

What do I do after I graduate? Hell if I know... teach.. US Air Force (if I lose like 2 tons :() ..... or maybe racing school... who knows.

OK...I'm done. Kinda nerdy.... but *sigh* .... yeah... I guess I'm a damn nerd. :(

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
Hmmm..... LodeStar Astronomy Center ??? Do you get employee discounts? A Meade 10" Schmidt-Cassegrain's on my Wish List.....

If not, no worries, LOL....can't get it for a while, anyway...that's why it's on the Wish List!

I remember the Pell Grants well. They helped out immensely during the 4th and 5th year of my 4-year music degree. I lived off of them for 2½ years. Sounds like you have a rather interesting field of study....astronomy is a big hobby of mine.

41 - 60 of 786 Posts