·
Super Moderator
11,871 Posts
Beautiful car; a real piece of history. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing the pix.

·
Super Moderator
16,757 Posts
Those retracs were ahead of their time, not just the top but the big and awkwardly tall butt that plagues modern car design! This had a much better excuse though.

$50k actually sounds kinda low given the rarity of these, especially in that nice of condition.

Back from when cars were cars and men were men and there women were proud of it :cool:
Yeah who'd have thought people would try changing that utopia... Now where's my Steak and cigarette sandwitch I ordered from the drive in??? :tongue:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Doing a little search, maybe add another 20k to my estimate.

Thinking the car has a 312 motor... Not sure.

And thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Yeah who'd have thought people would try changing that utopia... Now where's my Steak and cigarette sandwitch I ordered from the drive in??? :tongue:
Yummy.

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,255 Posts
Whats kinda sad for our cars is, the parts availability for that
57 is better that our 97's.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
A little work in progress one the techs has going. 1926 Ford Model T with a 302.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I work with horse power

I like this thread. Great way to get to know the folks here.
As for me I work at Tad Coffin Performance Saddles. We build what may arguably be the best saddles in the world. I say that because veterinarians are using our saddles to diagnose lame horses. So far we have saved 3 horses that were scheduled to be put down because they couldn't be ridden. Today our saddles are being studied by the veterinarian school at the University of California Davis and Berkley. No one is sure how these saddles are generating the effects they are, not even us to be truthful, but at this time for $7000 you can try one for your horse. We can't keep up with the orders... That's my day job. Evenings and weekends I run a small internet antique and jewelry shop on Etsy.com under the shop name AntiquesNXS. Not real glamours but it keeps the wolves at bay.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
I like this thread. Great way to get to know the folks here.
As for me I work at Tad Coffin Performance Saddles. We build what may arguably be the best saddles in the world. I say that because veterinarians are using our saddles to diagnose lame horses. So far we have saved 3 horses that were scheduled to be put down because they couldn't be ridden. Today our saddles are being studied by the veterinarian school at the University of California Davis and Berkley. No one is sure how these saddles are generating the effects they are, not even us to be truthful, but at this time for $7000 you can try one for your horse. We can't keep up with the orders... That's my day job. Evenings and weekends I run a small internet antique and jewelry shop on Etsy.com under the shop name AntiquesNXS. Not real glamours but it keeps the wolves at bay.

Thank you for your service to mankind's friends:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Mechanic/Magician/Truck driver

Work at a Local auto repair shop that gets a lot of Livery vehicles (hence the magician part) and a lot of Ford's. Also once a week I work at a trucking company running trailers back and forth to newark airport.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
I still work at the same outfit, but I'm a system administrator now and the bosses are trying to get me to switch into a managerial "team lead" role which I'm not sure I want (not much of a people person, honestly).

In short I do everything technology system related in the K-12 environment from support, design/planning, roll out, fiscal... and some people training. I'm in charge of a few public districts on this side of Cleveland but I help out company wide at least once a week. It's a bit of a pain this time of year... :rolleyes:

The wife is a veterinarian now at a four-doctor practice out by Hopkins airport... it pays the bills. :)

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Well I no longer work as security for a hotel, now I'm big business security dealing with government contractors. This security life is much better lol.

·
Super Moderator
11,871 Posts
Well I no longer work as security for a hotel, now I'm big business security dealing with government contractors. This security life is much better lol.
Congrats on the job change/promotion. Sounds like you found something closer to your original goal in the security field.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Could not turn down the offer will be starting with NTTDATA mid October . Family very excited about this new adventure in our life's .Will be relocating to Hickory NC .

·
Super Moderator
11,871 Posts
Back to NC! Great!

I noticed a while ago that you changed your location to St. Petersburg.

Welcome home! You'll be a lot closer to me in Hickory than you were in Fuquay-Varina. We'll have to get together some time and take the cars for a drive.

741 - 760 of 786 Posts