TCCoA Forums banner

61 - 80 of 786 Posts

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
IronChopz said:
Hmmm..... LodeStar Astronomy Center ??? Do you get employee discounts? A Meade 10" Schmidt-Cassegrain's on my Wish List.....

If not, no worries, LOL....can't get it for a while, anyway...that's why it's on the Wish List!

I remember the Pell Grants well. They helped out immensely during the 4th and 5th year of my 4-year music degree. I lived off of them for 2½ years. Sounds like you have a rather interesting field of study....astronomy is a big hobby of mine.
Check your PM's my friend....

I do get discounts from our StarWorks store...but no one gets discounts on telescopes... weak huh? :(

If anyone has a remote intrest in this subject, not just IronChopz, check this site out. It's updated daily... or you can send me a PM or an email.... I don't know EVERYTHING...but hopefully I can help you out in some way.

I still think I woulda had fun playing guitar for the rest of my life (Satriani/Vai style)...but upper level physics and astrophysics kinda killed that dream. :(

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Traveler said:
That is another plus to the Teaching/Social services field. Lot and Lots of women!! I meet 5 times as many women in my field as I do men.:D :D :ztoohot:

hmm....in contrast, my college class of approx. 50 students in electrical engineering had a grand total of 1 woman.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm a financial and operations supervisor for a multi-billion dollar corporation

......or at least that's how I like to look at it. :tongue:

Cheers :cool:

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
GreenBird said:
hmm....in contrast, my college class of approx. 50 students in electrical engineering had a grand total of 1 woman.
Yea I know, but I couldn't stay in school forever!!

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I mean, bummer!:D

·
Registered
298 Posts
I am a Special Technology Coater/Finisher at Lockheed Martin. In other words, I paint the F/A-22 stealth aircraft before they get sold to the Air Force. This job is the coolest I have ever had, this jet is BAD.
Hmmm... Stealth Cougar..... may have to work on that. LOL

·
Registered
933 Posts
I am a Photo Technician.
OK, I work at a 1-HR in a grocery store. $7.00/hr and I get a raise in about 2 weeks. My boss has been good on raises, I'm pretty much his best employee. We got new fully digital equipment a couple weeks ago (Agfa D-3 replacing a crapped out Fuji minilab that worked like ***) There's a separate PC where we can do custom work.
To show you how hard I work I was taking pictures off of our wall of fame last night and playing headswap with Photoshop....I put my bosses head on a picture of his kids playing in a box, but it's a screwed up face of him, hehe. Then I was using Clone Stamp and other stuff to show my co-worker how to make skin and declothe people with the right techniques.
Bad things: *****y old people.
Good things: Spring break, tubing, and almost all the checkers are hot high school girls, along with almost everyone in photo except for me and the boss.

·
Registered
933 Posts
People here I work at a photo:
1st and 2nd questions: Do you look at all the pictures? Do you see naked people?
yes and yes :D :evil3: :znanner: :znanner: :znanner:
3rd question: Do you ever keep any?
Uhhh....do I want to get fired and have a lawsuit?

Spring break this year kinda sucked. But summer will be awesome:
Car shows, crazy kids, car restorations (been getting more of these lately :D), and there's Apple River in Wisconsin and we get ALOT of pictures from there.

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
I build school buses m-t 6.30-5:00 pm and at texaco F 7:00 am-8:00 pm and saturday 7:00 am -5:00 pm and m-t 6:00 pm-7:30 pm. I work 69 hours a week.

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
I'm a lycoming continental engien technician for G&N Aircraft inc. Pretty good money for an 18 year old, just out of high school (graduated symester!) I make 13/ hour which is very nice for my bills, girlfriend and performance mods =)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Do you need A&P certification for that? I thought about the field when I was in High School but I wanted to be a pilot, not a mechanic (silly me!)

·
Registered
123 Posts
franchise business owner for nearly 30 yrs.......
z

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. New to your site ( no kidding )

I am a Certified Electronics Technician. I have my own shop . I also do vehicle wiring repairs and stereo installs. As if that is not enough I do home accesability removations Eg: wheel chair ramps, stair lifts, widening of doorways etc.

Wage? I charge $38 to 75/hour depending on what you want done, who you are and whether you bring in in to my shop or I have to go to you.

Last year I averaged $32+/hour after expenses.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I work for Caterpillar Logistics I basically inspect broken military APU...er jet engines. Cool Place to work for. We are a small facility there are only ten of us all together. Mostly woman. Some days are great .. other days.. those woman can drive me to drink..

Right now we are in the process of opening a new facility in Jacksonville Fl, doing the same thing I do here so I'll be down there soon enough, hopefully causing havoc & chaos with my bird

But this is only for the time being..I plan on opening a resturant as soon as I get the funds together. But I'll tell you more about that later.

Moody Moodz

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
moody moodz said:
I work for Caterpillar Logistics I basically inspect broken military APU...er jet engines. Cool Place to work for. We are a small facility there are only ten of us all together. Mostly woman. Some days are great .. other days.. those woman can drive me to drink..

Right now we are in the process of opening a new facility in Jacksonville Fl, doing the same thing I do here so I'll be down there soon enough, hopefully causing havoc & chaos with my bird

But this is only for the time being..I plan on opening a resturant as soon as I get the funds together. But I'll tell you more about that later.

Moody Moodz
Jacksonville? My brother lives down there. Well actually Ponte Vedra Beach, lucky stiff. Got a great Golf course down there. I assume it is great, the PGA use it once a year.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
AnthraxBird said:
Nope, no certification... I'm fresh out of high school =)
Enjoy it and use it while you can!! What kind of Lycoming do you work on? GA powerplants or commercial/industrial?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
juicedtbirdondubz said:
i delivery newspapersfor the florida times union its considered self employed ..i make pretty good money i cant complain i have the t-bird and a blazer and a work van soon to get a new harley davidson f150
Let me just repeat that... "t-bird and a blazer and a work van soon to get a new harley davidson f150 " and all from newspapers? Damn, that newspaper must be pretty expensive or have some hidden crack rolled up in the middle of it.
Just messin man, I know some people that have some pretty basic jobs make tuns of money, its just when I try to find a job like that it pays dirt cheap.

-Shawn

61 - 80 of 786 Posts