TCCoA Forums banner

781 - 793 of 793 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I work for a top notch steel fabrication shop. The company is McNichols, and we presently have 17 branches all over the country. The company is awesome, our branches are clean as a whistle, and I love my job. We can ship steel faster and better than you can get a pizza...literally ! That's the Hole Story....

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I left my emissions repair job with Terrible Herbst, they sold to Valvoline Instant Oil Change and I got out of the quick lube/emissions repair and light duty auto industry. I started at Kenworth working on semi trucks and trailers. I'm finally beginning to want to work on my own cars again. It's the change I really needed and they have treated me better in the last month than Terrible's did in the last 10 years. Also a 25% raise in pay. Cheers to new beginnings!
I've worked here 4 months and already got a 10% raise in pay and am being sent off for all expenses paid training all across the country. So far so good! I'm glad I made the switch.

Reactions: Trunk Monkey

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Nasa / ames
I'm genuinely jelly.

As a kid I was so amazed at the space industry (NASA / JPL in particular) that I told myself that I didn't care if I worked as a janitor, but that I wanted to work there.

That never materialized. :(

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I'm genuinely jelly.

As a kid I was so amazed at the space industry (NASA / JPL in particular) that I told myself that I didn't care if I worked as a janitor, but that I wanted to work there.

That never materialized. :(

No reason why you cant .. there is an IT department if you keep your eyes open for job listings at nasajobs.nasa.gov .. Edwards AFB is probably closer to where you live currently, but I don't see anything listed at this time.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
No reason why you cant .. there is an IT department if you keep your eyes open for job listings at nasajobs.nasa.gov .. Edwards AFB is probably closer to where you live currently, but I don't see anything listed at this time.
Between JPL in Pasadena, CA and Edwards AFB, the (one way) distance between the two for me is moot; 74mi and 87mi respectively. Time traveling to both would be identical for me as one would have to deal with traffic and the other wouldn't as much. Unless I move or some other big life changing event happens, it's highly unlikely that I'll be living that dream.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am a licensed Speech Pathologist at a therapy center that I put up with friends who are Occupational Therapists and fellow speech therapists.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,527 Posts
Couple changes in the last few years. The outfit I worked for started a venture into the government/healthcare IT industry, and that segment took off so fast they decided to split off the K12 managed services segment into one of the owner's other companies which had previously been exclusively K12 software. So now I work for a different company, but with the same clients and employees. At the same time they split us off, they decided to promote me to a "regional director" which means I get to call the shots in my area now, and I also am part of the administrative team that sets and enforces operational standards. Plus we're getting new business again for the first time in about 3 years, so my team has been growing.

The wife also switched practices - instead of a 45 minute commute into the city, she now has a 10 minute drive across town. The practice she works at now has 22 doctors, is the only 24-hour emergency facility in the county, caters to the high-end market, and has been a nice upgrade.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I got another promotion and after June I'll have my PACCAR engine certification. So far so good!

Reactions: Rodeo Joe

·
Super Moderator
12,560 Posts
Congratulations Chris.

I'm still at SIEMENS Energy however, SIEMENS is spinning off the energy division effective October 1. We're still going to be called SIEMENS Energy but we'll be a stand alone company. I believe there's a plan to list us on the DOW or NASDAQ. I'll share updates as they become available.

·
Registered
1994 Thunderbird LX 3.8
59 Posts
I do marketing, customer service, and a little of everything at The Birdie Boutique Direct. It's my second part time job since my separation, and so much better than the last one (serving samples/customer service at a grocery store). Being part of the pet food supply chain means I can still work when a lot of the state is closed for business. My life has been a wild ride the last few years, but my kiddos and I have a lot to be thankful for ?

781 - 793 of 793 Posts