TCCoA Forums banner

781 - 786 of 786 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I work for a top notch steel fabrication shop. The company is McNichols, and we presently have 17 branches all over the country. The company is awesome, our branches are clean as a whistle, and I love my job. We can ship steel faster and better than you can get a pizza...literally ! That's the Hole Story....

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I left my emissions repair job with Terrible Herbst, they sold to Valvoline Instant Oil Change and I got out of the quick lube/emissions repair and light duty auto industry. I started at Kenworth working on semi trucks and trailers. I'm finally beginning to want to work on my own cars again. It's the change I really needed and they have treated me better in the last month than Terrible's did in the last 10 years. Also a 25% raise in pay. Cheers to new beginnings!
I've worked here 4 months and already got a 10% raise in pay and am being sent off for all expenses paid training all across the country. So far so good! I'm glad I made the switch.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Nasa / ames
I'm genuinely jelly.

As a kid I was so amazed at the space industry (NASA / JPL in particular) that I told myself that I didn't care if I worked as a janitor, but that I wanted to work there.

That never materialized. :(

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I'm genuinely jelly.

As a kid I was so amazed at the space industry (NASA / JPL in particular) that I told myself that I didn't care if I worked as a janitor, but that I wanted to work there.

That never materialized. :(

No reason why you cant .. there is an IT department if you keep your eyes open for job listings at nasajobs.nasa.gov .. Edwards AFB is probably closer to where you live currently, but I don't see anything listed at this time.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
No reason why you cant .. there is an IT department if you keep your eyes open for job listings at nasajobs.nasa.gov .. Edwards AFB is probably closer to where you live currently, but I don't see anything listed at this time.
Between JPL in Pasadena, CA and Edwards AFB, the (one way) distance between the two for me is moot; 74mi and 87mi respectively. Time traveling to both would be identical for me as one would have to deal with traffic and the other wouldn't as much. Unless I move or some other big life changing event happens, it's highly unlikely that I'll be living that dream.

781 - 786 of 786 Posts