·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Chlorine said:
Waiter at Applebee's
Pool Manager during the summer for the City of Omaha
IT department at PayPal's call center here in town

I'm also a full time student
University of Nebraska - Omaha, or Creighton University? (or is there another school in Omaha???)

·
Don't call me a Newbie
397 Posts
shostopper1989 said:
Lot Attendent at a chevrolet dealer ( ohh yeah)
I'll get the rope...who's with me?

j/k ;)

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
shostopper1989 said:
Lot Attendent at a chevrolet dealer ( ohh yeah)
If you have a spare LS1 Firebird w/ a T-56, in good condition, in Sunburst Orange Metallic, or Black... swipe it for me. :)

(Yeah, it's a Poncho..but you never know..there could be one at a Chevy Lot)

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
I build houses, I'm not exactly a carpenter, nor will I ever be. But I get to do most everything from building the forms for the foundation to framing to putting shingles on the roof. Not alot of fun, and it's pretty hard work sometimes (pouring concrete, carrying bundles of shingles, plywood, sheetrock, etc. :thumbsd: ) but the pay is decent. And I get to learn quite alot of things. So I'm half carpenter, half laborer.
I just need a $2 million loan to go out in the real world and work for myself, yeah that will really happen... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
My dad is a car dealer, I gave being a salesman a shot. Just couldn't do it. Of course I was 17 at the time. People buying cars just don't seem to take a 17 year old seriously! By the way Dad sells used cars but prefers Fords!

·
CatBird Creator
165 Posts
I am a Product Receptacle Collector at Target

.....or a Cart Attendant if you wanna be a D1CK about it. I do carts about 20 hours a week, maybe an extra 6 at cashier. I get paid $7.50 an hour, but i really only do work about 1/10th of the time i'm there. I mean come on, not everyone needs a cart!! I get to talk with the hot cashiers too, still in high school like me!

I will graduate this May, but come fall, I'm going Pre-Med at Wayne State University-Honors College.....with a full ride. So I'm hoping that money I save not paying for college, and living at home, I can get a nice SC.....purrrr

-Kyle

·
Registered
933 Posts
My friend was a cartbe-otch at Target (that's what he called himself too)
He got fired after the 90-day trial bull****. They don't want to really ever take off I guess. They said he didn't devote enough time or some crap like that....Target's a cult!!

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
ChromeTip said:
I am a Product Receptacle Collector at Target
Great example of how gay Target is, they think they need a special name for everything....

·
CatBird Creator
165 Posts
actually I came up with that name, I'm sorry bout that.....their name for me really is cart attendant. but I really do nothing and get paid nicely for it, I honestly just sit up front and talk with cashiers and the security people, plus I get free drinks and get to wear shorts in the summer. My favorite part is not having to deal with the idiots that come in there too. but, I only do work when the carts get low, it's a very easy, high school type job. thats why I have it

·
Registered
237 Posts
66dvlbrd68 said:

University of Nebraska - Omaha, or Creighton University? (or is there another school in Omaha???)
Metro Community College
Industrial Maintnance - Precision Machine Technology is my program
machining, electrical, motor control, welding its fun stuff :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Im a Small Arms Weapons Trainer (Range Safety Officer) at Fort Drum New York. We train all the active duty, reserver and national guard people on all the weapons sytems in the Northeast before they head out to stuff body bags.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Lot of engineer/engineer hopefuls out here! Does that mean it'll be hard to get a job after graduation:( ?

I work 20 hrs/week in a small transportation office that caters to the CSX railroad.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Unless the job market rebounds yes. Too many displaced engineers with experience needing jobs since the dot com bust.

81 - 100 of 786 Posts