TCCoA Forums banner

121 - 140 of 786 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
I wiork in the recieving department at Lowe's. I get to work at arounf 4am and am done with my day by 12:30 pm. Not bad work just alittle tired in the morning. I am also going to college for electronic engineering technology.

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
I work for Nextel Communications in the Service & Repair department as an authorized iDen Product Repair Technician. I also do phone customization on the side.

Man, you have not seen a pissed-off customer until you tell them you can't fix their phone! (Like it's my fault they got it wet!) :D

-Jes

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
LiquidCougar said:
Man, you have not seen a pissed-off customer until you tell them you can't fix their phone! (Like it's my fault they got it wet!) :D
Sure I have, when I told one that we wouldn't guarentee her HARDWARE (computer) would not fail again because of a SOFTWARE virus that she thought killed her hardware.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
LiquidCougar said:
I work for Nextel Communications in the Service & Repair department as an authorized iDen Product Repair Technician. I also do phone customization on the side.

-Jes

you want mad customers try this .... I work for HP.......... enough said...........

·
High Output Poster
1,491 Posts
Drafter for a small construction company that builds warehouses, office complexes and strip malls.

Manager at AutoZone (weekend job).

·
Registered
205 Posts
Active duty Air Force 10 years now, stationed outside Denver. In my off duty time I "play" at a custom gunshop that is known nationwide.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I work in a preschool as a teachers assistant. I have been there for a little over three years now. I am going to school to become an elementary general/special education teacher. So in a couple of years I will be an actual teacher.

Right now I am a junior and I just have to deal with all the practice lesson plans, 90 hours of fieldwork this semester, and student teaching in my senior year, and I will have made it.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
gpat6 said:
I work in a preschool as a teachers assistant. I have been there for a little over three years now. I am going to school to become an elementary general/special education teacher. So in a couple of years I will be an actual teacher.

Right now I am a junior and I just have to deal with all the practice lesson plans, 90 hours of fieldwork this semester, and student teaching in my senior year, and I will have made it.
Good for you!!
My wife is a preschool special ed teacher. She loves the heck out of it 'cept that Oklahoma don't pay their teachers squat! She's very good at what she does though.
Good luck!

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Here's my contribution. I've been in the Army for 11 years, and I am a Artillery Fire Direction Chief for the most powerful ground combat weapon in the world.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
Here's my contribution. I've been in the Army for 11 years, and I am a Artillery Fire Direction Chief for the most powerful ground combat weapon in the world.

Is that a MLRS in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

Definitely cool. More pictures like that will make me a very happy camper ... :)

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

:usa::usa::usa::usa:

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Ask and you shall recieve:

And here is what one looks like when it gets hit with an RPG with a full load of rockets on board:

·
Registered
467 Posts
ahh yes here comes mine....

im a manager at the taco bell in mt.vernon IL. My bird is always outside if im working so give me a holar. Im going to jump up a quarter here soon which will make me at $7.85. I also go to Rend Lake College studying automotive. I also help repair cars on the side for some cash. Hopefull yill get a technician job soon....."yo quero taco bell"

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
tbird9768 said:

Good for you!!
My wife is a preschool special ed teacher. She loves the heck out of it 'cept that Oklahoma don't pay their teachers squat! She's very good at what she does though.
Good luck!
Thanks! Thankfully the money here in New York is pretty good for teachers. The only thing is that right now as a teachers assistant in a preschool the money is hardly anything. But right now I could care less, I really enjoy working there, and it is great experience. It is amazing to see how children grow and learn, and seeing it up close and personal puts a great feeling inside you.

Anyway, thanks for the comment......

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Ya, my mom has her master's, and gets around $30,000 a year as a 2nd grade teacher, while my dad has his bachelor's and makes around $50-60,000 a year as a civil engineer for MoDOT. It kinda pisses my mom off, although my dad is designing bridges, but my mom's job is more stressful. There're some sick and twisted parents out there. A lot of parents with problems that make it hard on the kids. You really have to love teaching to be a teacher, especially if you're an elementary teacher, or you aren't gonna be very good at it, or want to stay there. Make it fun for the kids, and show them some love, and they may love you more than their actual parents. My mom is seeing more and more single parents, and kids being taken care of by their grandparents. If you want to talk to her about the field of education, I could give you her e-mail address. Just PM me.

My uncle is in sales, and sells plane computer systems, or something like that, to Boeing and even NASA. He's got a picture of one of those cargo planes landing on a snowy airfield as his wallpaper. I think those military pictures are cool, such as the ones above.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
93pimpin said:
There're some sick and twisted parents out there. A lot of parents with problems that make it hard on the kids. You really have to love teaching to be a teacher, especially if you're an elementary teacher, or you aren't gonna be very good at it, or want to stay there. Make it fun for the kids, and show them some love, and they may love you more than their actual parents. My mom is seeing more and more single parents, and kids being taken care of by their grandparents. If you want to talk to her about the field of education, I could give you her e-mail address. Just PM me.
I definitly know that too. Being in the preschool for over 3 yrs. you get to know the parents/grandparents/caregivers very well. There definitly are some twisted parents out there. I couldn't count how many times that just giving some children hugs, they cry and respond with a hug you wouldn't believe. They just need that little attention, and if I am the one who can give it to them, then I know I am doing my job right.

Thanks for the comments....:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Those military hardware pics are pretty cool.....

Anyway, I'm a Union auto worker. I work for Lear corporation, making car seats for Grand Am's, Malibu's, Cadillac CTS, and Oldsmobile Alero.

Jim

·
Registered
663 Posts
I changed jobs a couple of months ago from lowboy driver (15 years) to forklift mechanic. I took a leap skyward in pay and I got the benefits package from hell to boot! :) If you want to know how good the benefits package is just consider this... I can get health insurance on my pets for about $3.00 a month. :D

·
Registered
698 Posts
I go to college right now and work in the college library as a student supervisor. in may i will be graduating and be an automotive engineering technologist. so, now it is time to find a job.

Wiz

121 - 140 of 786 Posts