TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 96 bird, replaced all of the radiator fluid (it was a nice rust color) also replaced the radiator (it had a few pin holes in the core), I could not get the thermostat presure releas bolt undone so i left it on while i re filled. Anyways, when i start my car (any time or temp) i hear the sound that if was spelled out phoneticly would be Guurgle-Guurgle from around the heater core. Also my fluid in the resivor seems to be disapering. The water pump is not leeking and i realy wanna solve this. Any help? Thanks!

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Start the car, then open the radiator cap and as the radiator appears to empty, start filling it with coolant until it stops going down anymore. Then fill the reservoir. If this does not sovle your problem then you might think about changing your head gaskets.
-Thomas

·
Registered
212 Posts
Atleast your coolant system is pulling from your resevoir tank. My system is leaking about a gallon a week and it won't pull from the resevoir because there is a leak somewhere. I'm guessing the factory recall of the timing chain cover. Gotta love it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
what does the head gaskets have to do w/ loss of flud in the cooling system? Just asking because i have to refill my radiator atleast once or twice a week, however i don't even have any radiator coolant in the resevoir. i just keep filling up through the radiator cap. Is there a proplem w/ my system?

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Well, if the coolant ring on the head gasket breaks and lets coolant into either the oil passage or combustion chamber it will leak into those two places. Coolant in the oil = siezing your engine Coolant in the combustion chamber = washed out cylinders and possible siezing also. Both normally give overheating as a symptom.
-Thomas

·
Registered
138 Posts
well my car never overheats, however it does like to get pretty hot, (according to my temp. guage?? whether thats accurate or not) but it never redlines into the extreme hot zone. How can i tell if coolant is getting into the chamber or the any of the other lplaces you've mentioned? Of course right now, the only coolant in my system is probably 90% water from me having to refill my radiator cap about every other day, although i don't have to put much in it. So what do i need to keep a close eye on? preciate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts