TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I KNOW IT SAYS IN THE TECH ARTICLES. I just can't find it, does anyone have a pic of it so I could possibly decide whether or not I should remove it?

I have dual flowmasters on my car, so would it improve the rumble I get or make it sound like a 4 banger?

Please let me know!

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I notice no sound difference since I yanked mine.
Although I still have stock exhaust...:leftright

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
removing the intake silencer doesnt make the exhaust sound any different... mainly just the air going into the intake at higher rpms is louder...

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
well ur asking if u should or not take it off....and the answer is yes...

here is my cheap made cai...the resonator is just on the bottom where the tube enters the hole on the fender

as weswing04 said, it will not make any diff on the exhaust tone...

·
Registered
493 Posts
I took the intake silencer off on my '94 3.8. The intake whistles like hell now, even at high idle. I think it sounds kinda cool. The engine always had a quasi-blower sound, anyway... woo...

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
i have removed the resonators from my 93 3.8L and my 97 4.6L, the only time i hear anything from them is when im under the hood and i rev the car up...all i hear is a sucking noise from the cone filters...

·
Registered
56 Posts
It is a large box thing that is inside the fender. the 3 bolts that hold the airbox to the fender hold the silencer too. I had to pull the passeger side wheel splash shield and the bumper cover loose to get it out. Makes quite a bit of difference without it in my opinoin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts