TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i threw the code po340, CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR malfunction,, so i bought the sensor, i got home opened my hood and have no clue where the h*** the sensor is.. i think i found the cranshaft position sensor right next to the a/c compressor, it resembles the camshaft sensor but its not the same,,, autozone told me the sensor is located in the center, upper part of the engine below the ignition coil??? i looked and there is nothing to be found.if anyone knows the real location of the sensor please help , i would really appreciate it. thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
dirtydog,
I've never seen one of these. Can you be a little more descriptive? this will be the first time I replace one if I find it.

alanis

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Find the waterpump, look up above it on the engine. Between the intake and the waterpump ...basically. If I was standing in front of the car I'd reach my arm out and point.
Alan

·
5,650 Posts
alanis, you should keep your questions to one section. It's not necessary to go to every section where a cam sensor was every talked about and ask around. Your question will get answered and posting everywhere won't make it happen any faster. And it doesn't look good.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I saw the other thread that might be right the last one I did was a 96.
I don't own a 3.8 car anymore and the last one I did had a distributor.
Alan

·
Registered
12 Posts
PHP:
alanis, you should keep your questions to one section. It's not necessary to go to every section where a cam sensor was every talked about and ask around. Your question will get answered and posting everywhere won't make it happen any faster. And it doesn't look good.
Chris my apologies for posting my question on multiple sections. To make a long story short I was getting impatient as I really wanted to get this done as my state inspection sticker has been expired for a while now. Thought the more I put it out there the better my chances that somebody that knew where it is would see it.

Once again thanks for your help. I did everything you instructed me to do and the codes are gone. A new one just popped out which I'm about to post for help. Please help if you can.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts