TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got the iac sensor today, and plan to replace it tomorrow, im not sure where this sensor is located. i couldn't find any instructions. can anyone help me out here?

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
Some additional info from the 1996 Service Manual:

Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve

Removal

1. Disconnect battery ground cable.

2. Disconnect the fuel charging wiring from the idle air control valve (IAC valve).

3. Remove the two idle air control valve retaining bolts.

4. Remove the idle air control valve and idle air control valve gasket.

Installation

NOTE: If scraping is necessary, do not damage the idle air control valve gasket surfaces or drop gasket material into throttle body or throttle body adapter (depending upon application).

Clean idle air control valve gasket mating surfaces.

To install idle air control valve, reverse Removal procedure. Tighten retaining bolts to 8-12 Nm (71-106 lb-in).

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved, that's what was wrong with it. thanks guys, when i got my part and opened it up then lifted the hood, didn't need directions lol it was right in front of my face, i believe that was the easiest thing to put on my car. everything else i've tried to do to it that was suppose to take 5-10 mins would take 4 or more hours or wouldn't happen at all.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
tbirdchick said:
Problem solved, that's what was wrong with it. thanks guys, when i got my part and opened it up then lifted the hood, didn't need directions lol it was right in front of my face, i believe that was the easiest thing to put on my car. everything else i've tried to do to it that was suppose to take 5-10 mins would take 4 or more hours or wouldn't happen at all.
Be very, very thankful that you have a 96... :D

The IAC’s on the 94/95's are a "little" more difficult to change out. :mad:

(But our intakes don't crack.... he he he he ) :saroll:

Glad to hear you got it fixed and it was simple. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts