TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not getting any voltage to my A/C clutch. I jumped the plug to the low pressure switch on top of the drier and still no voltage to the clutch. If I apply 12V directly to the clutch, the A/C works fine. I can't find any fuses for the A/C in the box under the dash or in the engine compartment. Haynes shows a WOT cutout in it's electrical diagram, I don't see it so far.

Steve

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Its on the passenger side of the engine compartment, close to the firewall and accumulator. At least thats where it was on my '92 LS. Its just a relay and was pretty cheap if I remember correctly.
-Rob

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I found the problem. I wasn't even getting juice to the low pressure switch, which comes before the WOT cutout in the electrical diagram in Chilton's (better diagram in this case than Hayne). Turns out a wire was shorted out and melted in the harness which went to the low pressure switch. I spliced in a new piece of wire. Also turns out that there is a fuse for the A/C clutch in the fuse box under the dash, which isn't labeled as such on the fusebox label. It also covers a bunch of options which I don't have, so I never noticed anything else not working, it was labeled "run".

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Bad *** man :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts