TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I know I'm not a big poster here but I did spend a lot of time creepin on the forum. Anyway, I've been looking for a new job for a few months. I used to be a mechanic at a trucking company, then I was a mechanic at a cranberry marsh. A friend of mine I used to work with told me I had to apply for a job at a paper mill that was going to be taking applications one day.
Around here in central Wisconsin it USED to be if you got into the mill you were set for life. As you can imagine as the digital age rose, the paper industry went down and many paper mills around the are have closed. In my immediate area there are still two paper mills left. One deals specifically in specialty paper such as post-it notes and receipt paper and what not.
I applied at this specialty paper mill. Out of the 437 applicants I was one of the 55 picked for testing and an interview. Out of those 55 people, I was one of the 11 hired. It's a complete change of pace from being a mechanic to where I am now. It's also a huge pay and benefit increase. I love wrenching but this is a great job that used to be the dream job around here. The company that owns the mill is a Canadian company named Domtar. They are very safety conscience and as long as we stay safe at the mill, we will stay open. They are planning a multi million dollar upgrade from coal burning to natural gas, so that makes me believe we will be around for a while.
I still drive my Thunderbird everyday. I was going to get my Thunderbird, Lucy, redone and make it my dream car. After talking with a few body guys and weighing my options I've decided not to redo her. It will be my daily driver until she dies. I'm currently looking at new trucks. Not sure if I'm getting a 5.0 or an ecoboost yet. But eventually I will be searching craigslist hardcore for a Thunderbird down south. I gotta get me a nice clean car that drives well. The plan is to eventually find another dream Thunderbird, fly down and drive it back. Hopefully this plan works!

Anyway, with the new job and all the hours of work and all the training I've been doing I haven't had time to get on the forums. Plus now that Lucy will not be redone, I've kinda lost interest. :( As soon as I get the next Thunderbird though, I'll be back! I'll check in time and time again when I'm free, whenever that will be. I did have a for sale thread that I was parting out a 93 Bird. I took a lot of parts off of it and had to get rid of it, per the landlord. If you need anything off of a baby blue 93 3.8, shoot me a PM and I'll see if I pulled it. You can look through the for sale forum if you wanna see some pictures of it.

If you're still reading this you deserve an award. Just wanted the few people I made friends with to know nothing happened to me. Thanks for the everything you guys do here. It's a great community to be part of. I'll be around!

God Bless and Have fun!
-Andy

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
Congtatulations on the new job and thanks for stopping by to share the good news and update us on what you've been up to.

:zbeer:

·
̇
3,702 Posts
Good idea to find a Thunderbird from "Down South"...

If you do go through all the trouble of going "Down South" to pick up a rust free carcass...

I hope you don't plan on ever driving it in the Winter again... :)

(x2) Congratulations on the job!

:thumbsup:

Rayo..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts