TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title states, where can I find a compatible aftermarket headlight harness for my 95? I searched the forums and found some people a long time ago saying to buy for competition limited, but it seems theyre no longer around. are harnesses universal? Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,132 Posts
I made mine - solder, 12ga wire in several colors, cut apart a couple of 9007 ceramic pigtails, and a couple of fuses; some ring terminals; and a pair of relay sockets plus two Bosch style relays.

Cost of parts was about $25 or $30.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
What's the consensus on which relay to go for in terms of longevity of operation? I've seen them go for 5$ all the way to 45 although that was with an in line fuse 80amp peak, nevertheless given they look so much alike what should we look for in terms of quality?

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,515 Posts
The $5 ones. The ones at autozone are usually Bosch, they are OEM suppliers. $45 is way too much, and anything costing that much will be complete overkill for these purposes. Even having 2 inline fuses is overkill IMO, I put 1 right after the terminal on a heavy wire where it then splits to the two relays - only one relay is operating at a time for high or low, there's zero point splitting terminals unless you had hi/low operating at the same time(don't do that)

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts