TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really like to find an affordable way to improve the intake on my Bird (see signature). Anyone got suggestions?

I know I have to get rid of the "violin case" and replace the stock filter. Is there a good kit to buy that will help?

I know that free flow is key, but so is getting cold air.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
890 Posts
:gotsearch

There are lots of ways to go about it, ranging from a K&N panel filter to psuedo ram air, to civic tubes to custom fabrications.

Just look around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for being vague on my question. I'm new to TCCOA and to doing mods. Let me give it another try:

I want to know where people found a kit for the intake tube (the replacement for the "violin case"). If you bought one, was it easy to install? Did it require any modifications, or was it just hook it up and go?

I'm also wondering how cone filters perform if they are just sitting under the hood like in most of the pictures on this site. Doesn't it end up taking in hotter air that way? Is there some way to shield it from the heat?

I've also read that it's pointless to do upstream mods if the stock parts downstream are too restrictive. Are my proposed intake mods going to be effective?

Thanks for your help. If you're going to tell me to just do a search myself, don't bother replying.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
A lot of the guys get some plexiglass or plastic and shield off their cone filters so that only the air coming in the fender gets into the filter. With a 94-5 the Civic tube thing sounds like the way to go IMO.

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
A lot of the guys get some plexiglass or plastic and shield off their cone filters so that only the air coming in the fender gets into the filter.
I have a set up like that, I'll post some pics when I get home.
Its not a 4.6 but just to give you an idea of what he means about the plexiglass

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts

thats my invention for my 97...

·
Registered
7 Posts
What r u guys looking for? Heres a pic of custom Powerpipe i made for mine. Its the mold in primer before fiberglassing one. I even put the stock air Intake Temp Sensor into the side of the pipe. Ill post another pic when i get it all sanded down and painted. Arrrgghh i dont know how to host pics on here for you. Sorry guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts