TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know every once in a while someone posts up about a creampuff they saw for sale, that is mint condition, low miles, owned by an elderly couple etc, but if you are in search of one, where do you look?

I have tried Autotrader and Autotrader Classic, Cars for Sale, etc. All I find are high mileage examples like mine, or ones with "distasteful" mods. I did find a couple that look okay, but they are 2000+ miles away.

There is one within reasonable distance with allegedly only 7400 miles, but it has a Thunderbird on the hood, and mismatched wheels, shipped from California to Georgia, but the guy changed his mind about modding it. And with the odometer issues, you never know if the mileage is accurate.

So if anyone has a resource for finding a nice low mileage T-Bird, please post up. To me, the T-Bird is the ultimate cruising car, and I would like to get another one. I prefer a 96-97 4.6.

Thanks,
Al

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Don't forget about Craigslist and eBay, there are some very cherry examples on there right now.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't forget about Craigslist and eBay, there are some very cherry examples on there right now.
Maybe I don't know the e-bay search tricks because all I am finding are parts for the year cars I select. I did see a car or two last week though. Got any links?

I would not go on Craigslist if my life depended on it.

Al

·
Super Moderator
16,826 Posts
Maybe I don't know the e-bay search tricks because all I am finding are parts for the year cars I select. I did see a car or two last week though. Got any links?

I would not go on Craigslist if my life depended on it.

Al
Just click cars and trucks Or start from the Ebay Motors homepage and select the make and model.

As for craigslist your life kinda does depend on it :tongue: There are deals to be had though, and it's much more dicey as a seller(you'll get lowballed by at least 50% of what you're asking every time)

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I've a got a clean 97 cougar with 33k I'm looking to get rid of.

-Miller

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
That is weird, you see a ton more cars going on ebay motors than going on ebay, then searching on ebay motors, should be the same thing. But when you click on a car you are back to regular ebay. Depending on which way you hold your mouth, you either get a ton of cars, or two cars and a bunch of parts. Pretty sketchy......

And you guys were right, there are a lot of decent T-Birds on Craigslist in my general area. I had searched a while back and just saw mediocre one's at best.

Thanks for the tips,
Al

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
http://forums.tccoa.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1193&thumb=1

Well, I found one! I was determined to not buy another white car, since I have had 3 in a row, and Brenda 2 in a row, but they have a way of finding me! When I saw the car, there was no way I could not get it. It was on Craigslist, an hour and a half away.

It is a 1997 and has 62k miles, but not heavily optioned, except for leather. A little old lady bought it new, and put 13k miles on it in 12 years, then a couple bought it and put 50k miles on it in 6 years. It looks almost like a new car. I will get the windows tinted on this one, and maybe get a cover.

Since I have two T-Birds, I had to name the cars, I can't just say "I am taking the T-Bird". They are both white, so I had to go by interior color. My older one is "Greybird" and the newer one is "Tanner".

Al

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts

Well, I found one! I was determined to not buy another white car, since I have had 3 in a row, and Brenda 2 in a row, but they have a way of finding me! When I saw the car, there was no way I could not get it. It was on Craigslist, an hour and a half away.

It is a 1997 and has 62k miles, but not heavily optioned, except for leather. A little old lady bought it new, and put 13k miles on it in 12 years, then a couple bought it and put 50k miles on it in 6 years. It looks almost like a new car. I will get the windows tinted on this one, and maybe get a cover.

Since I have two T-Birds, I had to name the cars, I can't just say "I am taking the T-Bird". They are both white, so I had to go by interior color. My older one is "Greybird" and the newer one is "Tanner".

Al
You got it easy. All mine are the same color in and out and all 30ths. We call'em C1, C2 and C3. C2 became C3 when I bought the new DD. not too confusing.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts

Al
Wow that looks really clean! Nice!
I found my pearl white 96 Cougar sport in New Jersey. Its in about the same shape, still smells new inside an has 95K on it.

I looked for about a year before I found my Cougar. Found it on craigslist. I paid over blue book, but it's in pretty much mint shape.

Still think our cars will be collectible in 15-20 years.... It's not too often I see one in good shape anymore.

If I was going to look again, I would plan on buying one in Florida. Seems to be the place to find low mile cars in good shape. I would fly there and drive back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts