TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any FRPP Pumkins (8.8 Aluminum Carrier Assembly, 28tooth, 3.73 with Trac-Lok, FMS-M-4001-M373) to be had out there? :confused:

I know they've been discontinued, but there must be a shop or an individual somewhere that still has one on a shelf. :idea:

I'm lookin.

palooka9

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
good luck finding one...
your best bet is finding one from someone who has one or just get the gears and have them installed

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
palooka9 said:
Does anyone know of any FRPP Pumkins (8.8 Aluminum Carrier Assembly, 28tooth, 3.73 with Trac-Lok, FMS-M-4001-M373) to be had out there? :confused:

I know they've been discontinued, but there must be a shop or an individual somewhere that still has one on a shelf. :idea:

I'm lookin.

palooka9

Have you tried Percival? They brought one in for somebody who never picked it up awhile back. If they still have it, it is going to run you $1400.00 CDN plus tax.

If you want something close, try picking up a Mark VIII pumpkin and buy FMS 3.73 gears and a new T-Lok unit. Have the pumpkin rebuilt and you have the FRPP unit. It will be a lot cheaper and faster than trying to find one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just called Percival. They claim it wasnt them. $1400 is alot, though!!! You're right, I'd be better off getting someone to just put gears and TL in mine.

Dunno who to trust locally though.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
palooka9 said:
Just called Percival. They claim it wasnt them. $1400 is alot, though!!! You're right, I'd be better off getting someone to just put gears and TL in mine.

Dunno who to trust locally though.
That is weird, Lloyd Fahlman asked me if I wanted it or knew someone who did. That was this past summer, around the beginning of August. Ok, it is not that big of an issue.

I am not sure who to trust locally either.

Look up the TCCOA user "Teeps" and see if he sitll builds these. I know Don is active on the boards. He may be your best hookup for something close.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, very weird. He's the one I was talking to yesterday and again this morning. He's having someone their distributor check and see if anyone has one on a shelf in Canada. I'll check w/ Teeps.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
I got a NEW pumpkin w/ 3.73's & trac loc on ebay for $650 about 2 months ago - keep your eyes open

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blackicelsc said:
I just read that FPN(Torrie) still has a few. I hope they come back....

Who/what is "FPN(Torrie)"? :confused:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I'll have a Mark VIII aluminum pumpkin available in about a month, no t-lok in it though. If you're still looking then, keep an eye out in the For Sale forum.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Decy said:
First, that's just a standard Ford traction lok unit, NOT an Eaton posi.
Second, Mustang 8.8 traction loks can be bought any day dirt cheap and they're NOT IRS compatible. You'd have to buy replacement (conversion) side gears for IRS or machine the ones in it to get them useable in an IRS setup.
Here's a thread about using a non IRS carrier in an IRS setup.

Clicky

Some say they have no problems.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
You might try contacting eBay member "polosposiservice" or check his auctions from time to time for a 3.73 rear end. Here is one that sold not long ago for $585. Says in his description he has them in his shop for $650. Might be worth a try.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts