TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not looking for chrome, i have a 40th with the grey strip on the bottom of the car, so i think silver wheels would look better then chrome, do you guys agree? also wheres is a good place to get them from with the t bird pattern.

thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you look at the details it reads silver, you could always just give them a call.

I was thinking about buying the same wheels, just have to wait until my bank account feels the same way:D

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think silver would look great with your combination...i clicked on this thinking you wanted mustang bolt pattern...Still wanting to trade my 97 cobra wheels..one day

·
Registered
987 Posts
A 9" wide rim with a +36mm offset? Won't that rub against suspension components? The 9" rims that Bill Evanoff sells have a +24mm offset which puts the rims 12mm further to the outside.
17 & 18X9 wheels fit really well with a +36MM offset. Even a 9.5" wide wheel with a +32MM offset fits front and rear NO PROBLEM...I have a custom billet 10" wide rear that fits fine as well...;)

Use the search function a lil bit and you should come up with loads of information, compounded with the same loads posted over and over again...haha

For the record....The Detroit wheel is no longer being casted in the tbird bolt pattern so you may as well give that one up. I used to deal them and it no longer exists.

Brad

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok so if i order these, these will look just like the ones in the pic above? and they will bolt right on correct? i don't need anything special?

can anyone recomend a good looking tire to add to it? a low profile type tire

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
ok so if i order these, these will look just like the ones in the pic above? and they will bolt right on correct? i don't need anything special?

can anyone recomend a good looking tire to add to it? a low profile type tire
just buy them, put on tires and put em on the car.

i run BF Goodrich g-force Sport.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
what size? also another dumb questoin (i know im full of them sorry)
i would like to lower it a bit, what do i need to buy to do this? and how many inches is a good amount to drop it?

these for lowering it? will it sit right cause its a v8?
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=EIB-3524-140&N=700+4294908331+4294907842+4294906920+4294924755+4294908395+115&autoview=sku

is 255/45/17's a good size for a low profile tire? if i get that lowering spring set above will this size fit well and look good on the car with out any rubbing?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the 17" Cobra R's on my 97 Sport + I have 255/45/17's BF Goodrich G-Force tires & they fit fine. I would personally go with an 18" rim & 255ish/40/18 "that is if I were buying new ones". Mine rims came on the car when I bought it.

The previous owner said he got them from someone on here or SCCoA?, this was someone who had a limited number of these to sell, this also would have been about a year ago......They would have been shipped/sent to Zionsville, In.

Does anyone know who on here they could have came from or who was selling them a year ago or less???

I just hit a pothole + messed one up & really need a replacement. I bent the inner lip & the fix is $100 at a local shop who specializes in alloy/aluminum rim repair. Or would one of the Detriots in the Summit link (near the beginning of the thread) match the ones I have???? I'm trying to figure out what my best option here is.

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Adding more to the my post right above this one. Here are the 17"s with 255/45/17"s on my car, stock height.

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Sharp looking car.

C.Hill

1 - 20 of 48 Posts