TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother's 92 f-150 with a inline 6 4.9L needs a new motor mount. I think it would be better(and cheaper) to go back wiht a solid one. Does anyone know how or where to get one of these? Thanks
-Rob

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
well duh it's not a v6 but when you do a search, do you type in the exact name of what your looking for, or do you try variations too? I didn't find what he was looking for using the word straight, so i figured the same company would have mounts for v6's too.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
GreenBird said:
well duh it's not a v6 but when you do a search, do you type in the exact name of what your looking for, or do you try variations too? I didn't find what he was looking for using the word straight, so i figured the same company would have mounts for v6's too.
Ya I type in exact thing.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
just get motor mounts off an older 300-6 truck, my 83' bronco 300-6 has the Same exact frame design as your brothers 92' and it has solid rubber mounts from the factory. The slod rubber ones are STILL the orginals with 250,000 miles on them and they are still holding up well to the 230hp and 340tq that my inline 6 is making.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts