TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to get some help so I can get them in a couple of weeks.
thanks,
Mike

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Are you pushing around 400hp?

If you answered yes, Click Here
If you answered no, you don't need new ones.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well

No I am not pushing around 400HP but my passenger side halfshaft is bent. when the wheels rotate the whole assembly wobles. now eventually that will tear something up if it hasn't already.

so, where do I get soem replacements.

Mike

·
Registered
117 Posts
raxles as well,

i would still say raxles , they have 3 different diameters i believe,
they have some 1.5" , but thats the big daddy's you wont need those, they have OEM size too, but those will be the best we've found around here, they are all new, no rebuild,

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I emailed Raxles and they haven't replied to me and that's been a week. I need these things replaced and done with in the next 14 days or so. I will be going out of town and traveling in my car and can't have it in the shop then.

I may have to get less than the best to get it done. better than what I have now..woble woble woble

Mike

·
11,719 Posts
how did you manage to bend a half-shaft? they are almost one inch of solid steel!

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
With Raxles half shafts and some other work, do you think it would be possible to make a wheel standing IRS Tbird? ;)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I have no earthly idea how it got bent. I believe it was like that before I got it. I have never done anything that would have bent it. but I saw that it is bent and so I must fix it.
Mike

·
11,719 Posts
AverageJoe said:
With Raxles half shafts and some other work, do you think it would be possible to make a wheel standing IRS Tbird? ;)
I don't think so. since the pumkin is bolted to the frame, you'd just flex the IRS. Maybe if you installed metal bars instead of springs and shocks!

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
GreenBird said:

I don't think so. since the pumkin is bolted to the frame, you'd just flex the IRS. Maybe if you installed metal bars instead of springs and shocks!
Where there's a will, there's a way. ;)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Broken Halfshafts

It doesn't take a lot of hp to break an OEM halfshaft. A LOT of SC Guys have done it with nearly Stock hp/TQ! I put RAXLES in when I upgraded gears & differential. They were $500 including shipping. They have a lifetime guarantee too. It you break it, they replace it!

68COUGAR

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Cool cool. Anyone else like the idea of seeing an IRS pull a wheelstand?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Wheelstand has been done!

You obviously mean somebody BESIDES Coy Miller! Coys famous wheelstand got him a 12 sec. run! Somebody over on the SCCoA will have a pic of it!

68COUGAR

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Ah ha! I knew it was possible! Just never been around the SC guys to know much about Coy Miller, but I've heard his name before. :)

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Do you know of a live axle setup that bolts into an 89 SC?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Look for someone with a 99 cobra who has upgraded their halfshafts and buy their stock ones. Normaly you can find them for ~$100 and they bolt right in.

I broke 3 'stock' halfshafts with 250rwhp...granted it was with a 5 speed...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts