TCCoA Forums banner

where to hook on to engine...

457 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  JohnNaas 
#1 ·
I read this here some time ago, back when I didnt need to, and now I cant find it. I picked up my "new" engine and trans this weekend. It was a pia to move, but I hooked to the loop on the passenger side and the exhaust manifold on drivers side. I was concerned about breaking a valve cover but it didnt. I hope to install it in my bird in the next week or so, time permitting. Where should I hook too? Any other tips for the R&R that would make it easier? Thanks!

#2 ·
You can go to a hardware store and get bolts with loops to screw into the holes on the lower manifold that are plugged. Just unscrew the plug and screw in the hook an then attach a chain to it.
-Thomas

#3 ·
That sounds like a plan to me. The engines ive pulled in the past were more cut and dried basic engines, with pull loops or obvious bolt holes to use. I am using a shop with a lift, nice cherry picker, air tools and heat. so that makes the job tons better.

Funny, my 90 engine I bought has a loop on the passenger side to lift it with, my 93 engine does not???

#5 ·
Well the tranny is still attached to my engine, so it didnt balance out when I moved it, but that is good that it tilts back so far, should make it harder to break my windshield when I lower it in:) Thanks for the replies

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.