TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

I've been completely stock minus the Air Intake Silencer removed. The current numbers on the block are anywhere from 177k on because the odometer stopped working.

Some problems that I need to fix first;
  • EGR Problem
  • Cats need to be gutted bad because they sound horrible (they rattle)
  • Anything Other
Anyways, I'm planning on doing the J-Mod, I was going to ask Big Pete to help me but he's busy so I'm stuck doing it my self. I hope I won’t screw up my transmission.

What should I do after the J-Mod?

I know I need to change my oil and flush all the fluids and change them all. Right now I'm pouring about a quart of Castrol GTX High Mileage (40W) in every week.

I need to know some things (semi-newbie here)

(Wal-Mart or AutoZone Web link Please)

1) What should I flush the transmission with?
2) What oil should I use?
3) Should I just get someone else to change it at a time it lube or something?

How much should it be for the odometer to get fixed and hopefully have the right mileage on it (is it possible to find it after the odometer stopped working?).

I really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Eric M. Pelezo

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
EPelezo said:
Well,

I've been completely stock minus the Air Intake Silencer removed. The current numbers on the block are anywhere from 177k on because the odometer stopped working.

Some problems that I need to fix first;
  • EGR Problem
  • Cats need to be gutted bad because they sound horrible (they rattle)
  • Anything Other
Anyways, I'm planning on doing the J-Mod, I was going to ask Big Pete to help me but he's busy so I'm stuck doing it my self. I hope I won’t screw up my transmission.

What should I do after the J-Mod?

I know I need to change my oil and flush all the fluids and change them all. Right now I'm pouring about a quart of Castrol GTX High Mileage (40W) in every week.

I need to know some things (semi-newbie here)

(Wal-Mart or AutoZone Web link Please)

1) What should I flush the transmission with?

*If the tranny fluid has never been changed b/f, don't flush it. It wouldn't hurt to not flush it anyways. Drop the pan and put Mercon V back in (after you put the pan back on)

2) What oil should I use?

*I wouldn't be worrying about oil right now. If you're going through a qt every week, I'd be looking into a set of vavle seals or just a set of good used heads. But that's just me. I mean you're basically changing the oil almost every month.

3) Should I just get someone else to change it at a time it lube or something?

*Up to you. Tranny's not hard, oil's not hard.

How much should it be for the odometer to get fixed and hopefully have the right mileage on it (is it possible to find it after the odometer stopped working?).

I really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Eric M. Pelezo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts