TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I own a 1994 4.6LX over here in the UK. I have just signed up to carfax to get more info on my car and I've found that it was first registered with the DMV in Florida 1994.

How can I find out where it was manufactured??

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
with it being a 94, i think there is a good chance that it was made in lorain ohio, which is only about a half hour away from where i live, on US-6. from the lorain assembly plant it would have ridden the car carrier down to florida (either by train or truck).

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I think I've just found the answer on another thread. Lorain Ohio?

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry Steven, I think our messages crossed there!

I'm trying to decide what to put on my new numberplates (we get a small space to put a limited amount of text at the bottom of the plate), and I thought it would be good to put the "home town" of the car on there!

Its funny, I live not that far from a Ford plant too. Southampton, England is where they make the Ford Transit van, which is very popular over here and in Europe.

Whats Lorain like?

·
Registered
654 Posts

Lorain assembles the Ford Econoline Van :D :cool:

THe city isn't much to look at :rolleyes: but it is on
Lake Erie :D

Andy625UK said:
Sorry Steven, I think our messages crossed there!

I'm trying to decide what to put on my new numberplates (we get a small space to put a limited amount of text at the bottom of the plate), and I thought it would be good to put the "home town" of the car on there!

Its funny, I live not that far from a Ford plant too. Southampton, England is where they make the Ford Transit van, which is very popular over here and in Europe.

Whats Lorain like?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
The city of Lorain has been going downhill for a long time... I live in Lorain and recently took a few photos for people...

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=67286

Lorain is a fairy "ghetto" town with a nice downtown. I guess they try... but they have their fair share of homocides and violent crimes. It's a real shame.

http://www.morningjournal.com is a major newspaper based out of Lorain... you might find out alot about the city here. It's primary a liberal city.

·
Registered
84 Posts
my Tbird has a decal in the back window that says assembled in Lorain, Ohio

·
Registered
654 Posts

Yea !! :tongue: Lorain is still making them until the 1st of the
year, then all production will be in Avon Lake, Ohio :(
Speculation is - around 500 workers will loose there jobs
w/ Ford

1 - 11 of 11 Posts