TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wondering about the "only" turbo 4.6 in the club,sirwilliams....i want pic and vids......or legit testimonys:confused:

·
̇
3,702 Posts
Here's a couple links...Maybe Bill will chime in.. :zdunno:

I've never made a secret of who I worked with. STS holds the patents on remote mounted turbo systems. I worked with them on the spec'ing of the turbo. I used their oiling system and a modified version of their wiring harness, but I fabricated all the piping and mounts myself. I also have the exclusive license to build and sell Bird/Cougar/Mark VIII kits from them. :D

Sir William Exhaust Video

Rayo..

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I'm not a patent attorney but a patent exclusivity period of 20 years for something like a remote mounted turbo seems a bit excessive....
I would believe drug development, sure, as they need to recoup their significant development and trial and error costs but remote mounting a turbo?
That's just taking a basic, well established technology (turbocharging) and extending upon it.
-g

·
Administrator
745 Posts
Are you saying "Show me proof or it never happened?"
Seriously?
I believe RobertP had it up on the lift at his garage.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you saying "Show me proof or it never happened?"
Seriously?
I believe RobertP had it up on the lift at his garage.
i have never before today (After a week of research) and belonging to tccoa have never seen it. sorry if it came off as being a prick,dident mean to anger any one :eek:

·
Administrator
745 Posts
Not angry at all. It's good to be skeptical, but we are talking about the guy who started this site.
More pictures of the routing and whatnot can be found here:
http://www.tccoa.com/turboproject/

I know Bill had the car to several meets years ago. I've seen of it on the lift at RobertP's
garage. There are probably pictures in past events, back in the early 2000's. Someone
else will have to speak up to give testimony of seeing it - I know Bill and have no doubt
that it is real.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
It was a rear mount turbo, it was on the car and it is legit.

He can chime in from there.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
If its that important I can try and meet Bill--being the closet member to him. That means buying my gas at least.

·
Registered
605 Posts
That's not where I would put rear mount turbo's on a T-bird. I would take out the gas tank and mount them there. Plenty of room and a lot closer to the engine. Plus running the pipe for it all would be a let easier.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
That's not where I would put rear mount turbo's on a T-bird. I would take out the gas tank and mount them there. Plenty of room and a lot closer to the engine. Plus running the pipe for it all would be a let easier.
It all depends on what you want out of your car in the end imo.

If you still want a DD with the Turbo setup then the gas tank should stay imo, but if it is going to see track use with only limited street use then yes a fuel cell in the trunk should make the Turbo setup much easier I would think.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I like his "redneck lift" haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts