TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's where did you run your NOS main feed line? Did you run it underneath the car and clamp it up or did you run it through the inside of the car and threw the firewall? also is it allowed (NHRA) to run it threw the inside of the car at the dragstrip?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I ran mine threw the car.
If you go through the firewall, go through a rubber gromet(I'm sure you know that)....for what its worth, Mine would pass tech at the track with it running through the firewall....but they(tech guys at the track) never really looked into it to much.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright thank's man. I thought If it was underneath the car it would be easy to run and put that convolut over it and wrap that up.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok what do you guy's think of this pop a hole and put a rubber grommet in the sheet metal of the tunk run the line down and all the way up. I can put that wire wrap stuff over the line and loom tape it so it stay's in and then I got some clamp's that go around the wire wrap and bolt underneath. What do you guy's think of that?

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
do it to it

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Ok what do you guy's think of this pop a hole and put a rubber grommet in the sheet metal of the tunk run the line down and all the way up. I can put that wire wrap stuff over the line and loom tape it so it stay's in and then I got some clamp's that go around the wire wrap and bolt underneath. What do you guy's think of that?

That's pretty much what I did...nitrous line runs up the driver's side of the car, and the wiring for the bottle heater runs along side it.

David

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm gonna finish it Wednesday. I got a friend coming over that has installed a kit or 2 before to help me wire it. That WOT switch was a piece a cake to put in I didn't have to adjust it or anything. Either way it might be a minute before I get it retuned with a nos setting. all my extra money is going to Jurgen for a better set of rims and tires. Then I will get it tune and to the track at the first chance I get

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I'm gonna finish it Wednesday. I got a friend coming over that has installed a kit or 2 before to help me wire it. That WOT switch was a piece a cake to put in I didn't have to adjust it or anything. Either way it might be a minute before I get it retuned with a nos setting. all my extra money is going to Jurgen for a better set of rims and tires. Then I will get it tune and to the track at the first chance I get
ha....so that mount was still bent correctly....thats cool. :cool:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ha....so that mount was still bent correctly....thats cool. :cool:
yup!!! I figured I'd have to tweek it a little bit. Nope I was wrong!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
how much NOS are you going to be throwing at it....remeber that timing will be needed to be retared 2.5 degrees for each 50hp shot of NOS , MSD makes a multistep retard box and you may want to invest into progressive NOS controler ( Jacoubs) the halfshafts cant take a 150 hp shock with out spitting out a mouth full of metal or get a MSD digital 6 ignigtion with build in NOS retarded

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alright first thing to say for myself is that this nos thing is new to me.

that being out of the way, Can i just have the chip tuned to retard the timing 5 degrees without having it on the dyno? Im going with 100hp. Msd digital 6 what the heck does that do I will look it up on Summit.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
alright reading the description on both of those to me it looks like they do the same thing the msd6 produces more of a spark for longer. the jacobs controlls the nos to go to a small shot to help move and get bigger down the track to really move. That about right?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
also just another question if I have the chip done which I probably will when I go to the track should I flip to nos setting while im waiting to go on the track or right before I get to the staging light's? and when should I flip the setting back?

·
Registered
122 Posts
flip to NOS setting

you want to flip to nos setting in stagging lane in order to give the computer to recalibrate to new settings, and i would leave it until you are done racing......only thing that will happen is that the engine will be a little sluggish in NOS mode while not on the juice.

I am in the peocess of building a 1998 Cobra 4.6 with a 2000 LS1 T-56 running 2 stages of NOS in a 1995 LX, the biggest problem is getting it to hook up with out blowing the IRS apart, I was thing about puting in a new back subframe from a 1988 Turbo Coupe and running a solid axle from a 1988 turbocoupe, be cheaper than replacing halfshafts, I have 12 large size super coupe halfshafts in backup just in case.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts