TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am looking for a set of cams for the TBird new motor. I am wondering if I should go with the Comp 268's or Crower? If I go with Crower any suggestions for what I should consider. The heads will be P&P SVOs. The goal for the engine is to be 11.5:1 compression.

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
It depends on how high you want to rev the engingine and a bunch of other factors like gears, intake, tire size, converter stall, intended purpose so forth and so on. I would not go with no more than .550 lift even with aftermarket springs If you want any spring life or valvetrain life. I think that crower dose a better job than comp cams.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
alot of guys on modular depot like VT cams. Similar power gains as comp but no PTV issues. I know Big Al has some fairly aggressive crower cams he is looking to sell...

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
TGJ said:
Ok, I am looking for a set of cams for the TBird new motor. I am wondering if I should go with the Comp 268's or Crower? If I go with Crower any suggestions for what I should consider. The heads will be P&P SVOs. The goal for the engine is to be 11.5:1 compression.
You'll have a tough time getting to 11.5:1 CR.Flat-top pistons only yeild 11:1 with an SVO head..
JL

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it doesn't get to 11.5:1, I am not to worried. JL, would you recommend the Crower Springs over the Comp ones?

I plan on running about a 3500 stall TC, 4.10's, P&P SVO intake and a few things.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
TGJ said:
If it doesn't get to 11.5:1, I am not to worried. JL, would you recommend the Crower Springs over the Comp ones?

I plan on running about a 3500 stall TC, 4.10's, P&P SVO intake and a few things.
IMO,Crower makes a better product.
JL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts