TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I just bought a 96 Tbird with a 4.6 and the engine is toast. I would like to find out what other years/models have compatible 4.6 engines. I used an online parts search and it only came up with 96 cougars.

Are the 97 4.6 Thunderbirds different? The results I got back were 96 Crown Vics, Towncars, Grand Marquis and 97 Cougars

I hope I'm making sense :confused:

·
Registered
767 Posts
ill be the first to jump in a say get an 01-05 explorer engine (04 and 05 had an electornic throttle body but it doesnt matter since the throttle body and plenum from your engine now will work on it) just search pi swap and there is a plethora of info,porkchop has a pretty good write up on the swap here somplace im sure he'll chime in.

but basically you can have a newer engine go faster and its basically a drop right in kidna thing if you go with an explorer engine

edit: http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=94152 here ya go

·
Registered
72 Posts
put a 97 crown vic in my 96. had to change the crank sensor (had a different electrical plug)...also had to swap throtle bodies...theres a lot of different engines that can be swapped,just different mods that have to be made

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
ill be the first to jump in a say get an 01-05 explorer engine (04 and 05 had an electornic throttle body but it doesnt matter since the throttle body and plenum from your engine now will work on it) just search pi swap and there is a plethora of info,porkchop has a pretty good write up on the swap here somplace im sure he'll chime in.

but basically you can have a newer engine go faster and its basically a drop right in kidna thing if you go with an explorer engine

edit: http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=94152 here ya go

02-05.

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Same!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.