TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Whatsup guys I probably asked this a million times but lets just make it a million and one, I am swapping a 99 pi shortblock with 5.4l PI heads(I know they are probably the same as 99gt. This is the problem I looked up the part number and my heads keep coming back as
(02 expedition windsor heads PN# RF-2L1E-6090-C20C) and the valve cover holes seems to be 11 to 12,

Heres my question actually two questions, which valve covers to use if theres any difference in height and what timing cover to use,

I have a 94 tbird front cover and a 99 GT front timing cover

or do I need a 96-97 front cover,

Tom

·
Registered
748 Posts
I know when I was planning on swapping my 5.4 heads onto my '97 (before I got my SVOs), I was going to be able to use my stock timing cover, I believe you should be able to use your stock timing cover.

AS for the valve covers, I believe you need to use the 5.4L valve covers....if I remember right, they have more holes than the 4.6Ls, and the heights aren't any differrent. The only height differrences is in the block ( 5.4L compared to the 4.6L). Should be able to get a set from a junk yard or the dealership. You can also get the BBK covers from Summit with the oil fill on the driver's or passengers side, but they don't have baffles in them, so you'd have to find someone to make and weld a set in for you. I think I know of a guy who can do it, I'd have to check.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Whatsup guys I probably asked this a million times but lets just make it a million and one, I am swapping a 99 pi shortblock with 5.4l PI heads(I know they are probably the same as 99gt. This is the problem I looked up the part number and my heads keep coming back as
(02 expedition windsor heads PN# RF-2L1E-6090-C20C) and the valve cover holes seems to be 11 to 12,

Heres my question actually two questions, which valve covers to use if theres any difference in height and what timing cover to use,

I have a 94 tbird front cover and a 99 GT front timing cover

or do I need a 96-97 front cover,

Tom

Use your stock timing cover, you will have to enlarge the holes in the cover where it bolts to the heads.

Use the valve covers that match up with the heads, you dont have to worry about height as they are the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts