TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to bother yet again guys. Everything about set to get this swap done. Talked to alan about my choice of tc but I think ive bugged him enough. He mentioned changing gears for the vss. Is that the one located on the drivers side tailshaft housing? Is the gear I have to change on the tailshaft or on the sensor itself? Trying to make sure I have everything correct on the inside of the tranny because once its in its in. Its an 01 Marquis tranny goin in a 95 bird for those who dont know. How bout the oss, is it ok? Thanks

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im so friggin dumb! Sorry for the ignorant question guys. The GM tranny came with the vss sensor still in it. So i just need to take that gear off and put it on my original vss and problem solved correct? Its a 17 tooth green gear. Has stock mark 8 rear end gears in it. Thanks for putting up with my ignorance guys.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
No The output shaft in the trans you bought is different so you probably have to use the one from the gm or buy the correct one. What rear gear ratio do you have? For 3.27's you need the 21 tooth gear, for 3.08s you'll need the 20 tooth gear. I doubt either trans has the correct one.
Alan

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks again alan. I called you earlier before I read your reply to this thread. Sorry. I will look at the tab to see what gears are back there and buy the correct gear from what you just told me about. I called the local ford dealership and they have up to the 21 tooth gear on hand. I'll leave the 8 tooth tailshaft gear of the GM on there. Thanks for your patience with me, as well as all the others who have been helping me with this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts