TCCoA Forums banner

Which Hood for 96-97

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im soo torn on this cant decide between our three options VFN, Cobra R, or Ram Air.

I liked the idea of the Ram for moving air around but i dont know it if looks as clean as the Cobra R. Then the VFN one has a stock type look to it that looks kinda clean.

What are your guys options and post pictures if you got them.

Thanks
Wink

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Depends on the car as a whole.

Stock if the car is stock. But, if the the car has been modified i.e. exterior, engine, wheels, exhaust, gfx, headlamp enhancements etc, then an aftermarket fiberglass hood can add to the good looks of the car as a whole.

Sometimes seeing pics of our cars with aftermarket hoods, the back of the car doesn't seem to match the front. Like sometimes with a ram air hood, but then the back is rather plain Jane.

Or, a car that has this aggressive front end with a cobra r, and the car does high 15's et's is kind'a phony. That's the main reason I haven't bought a cobra r for my car. It's too stock, too quite, too slow.

So stock if the car is stock, and I personally like the cobra r hood when it is in balance with the cars looks, and performance, as a whole package.

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
The hood was one of my last mods. If I were you I'd start elsewhere ... I agree with Rushton here.

Having said that, I wouldn't put anything aftermarket but a Cobra R non-Ram Air hood on a MN12.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I've had the cobra r non ram air and now have the vfn hood. I only got the hood because of the intake and blower I want. Without the hood those things wont fit my DOHC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts