TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is faster, a 2003 PT Cruiser Dream Cruiser (Turbo); bone stock? Or a 1993 SC with the following mods:

Kook shorty headers
3/4" raised top
hi-flow cats
supercoupe performance exhaust
borla mufflers
MAC C.A.I
5% OD pulley
180 T-stat

I will also be taking the follow out of my car (to lose weight)

back seat
maybe the passenger seat
spare tire and jack equippment

Does anyone know if he is going to spank me if we race? He said he is running high 14's. I believe he said he is running 14.95 or something like that. Should I just cross my fingers and hope he doesn't murder me too bad?

-Kornhaus

·
Registered
348 Posts
lemme get this right .... a turbo'd PT cruiser, or a SC? no question ... SC .... you just asked if that pt cruiser will walk a 5.0 basically .. being a stock SC will take a stock 5.0 AFTER the 60 mark ... a bone 5.0 will take the 0-60 .... at least these are my beliefs ....

·
Registered
270 Posts
I thought the Turbo PTs had the same drivetrain as the SRT-4s which is a low 14 second car

·
Registered
347 Posts
It does have the same powertrain as the SRT-4, and an SRT-4 will run faster than any MN-12 stock out of the box, or mildly modded.

I've never seen a manual do worse than low 14s at Milan.

However, since it's a PT Cruiser, it has 10-15 less horsepower and weighs 200lbs more.

These cars also can have Stage 1, 2 and 3 (soon) performance kits from Mopar.

If you're doing it at the track, it's a pretty good heads up, but you better have a healthy 14 second car to do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts