TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a Magnaflow Y Pipe Highflow Converter Direct fit assembly and want to remove the resonator and replace with a Magnaflow Mid Muffler and go straight pipes to the back. I will be keeping the single pipe from the muffler and seperating the pipes in the back as the original set up(not going to true duals at this time).

WHICH MAGNAFLOW SI/SO MUFFLER SHOULD I GET???

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

·
Registered
514 Posts
why not just spend the money now and get true duals? if your gonna spend the money to get a new Si/so muffler and have it installed then later spend the same amount of money to get a di/do muffler and true duals it just seems like you would be wasting $$$ and car down time. just my .02

·
Registered
268 Posts
i agree with shaggy i mean going the y pipe route on either side of a si/so muffler is almost there with the true duals with a little bit more cash maybe 100-200 dollars you could get the true duals, thats the best route, i went with it and dont regret it

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Yeah! Your right guys.....what was I thinking. Will just have to wait a little longer for the dough.

Is anyone in New Jersey that can recommend a great exhaust shop for the project?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have true duals and it doesnt bother me much i love the sound but anyways if youre near the city theres this place that comes recomended where I went, called muffler city plus in the bronx

·
Registered
332 Posts
I haven't had any droning with my dual exhaust. It's actually really quiet inside and louder out. Don't go to a big name shop. They'll rape you on the price. Most privately owned shops do a good job for alot less.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
MYTBIRD said:
I am installing a Magnaflow Y Pipe Highflow Converter Direct fit assembly and want to remove the resonator and replace with a Magnaflow Mid Muffler and go straight pipes to the back. I will be keeping the single pipe from the muffler and seperating the pipes in the back as the original set up(not going to true duals at this time).

WHICH MAGNAFLOW SI/SO MUFFLER SHOULD I GET???

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Leave it as is, the resonator in the Magnaflow cat system is already a nice high flow Y system. The only way to gain on it is to use a DI/SO with a larger rear pipe and use a rear catback with a larger diameter piping and even then many people here feel there is still little to no gain (track times staying the same with the aftermarket catback systems for instance).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts