TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I'm looking for an O2 Sensor for the T-bird. (Its getting lousy mileage, I've replaced the plugs and wires, and cleaned out the Fuel injectors) Summit has these two listed that look identical to me. So which one do I want for the front two ports? (Don't really care if the rear two are bad or not)

http://store.summitracing.com/compa...42+4294840044+319317+115&Nu=P_SKU&Ns=P_Rank|0

Edit: Never mind, I think I got it. Its the NGK-23120

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
what kind of milage r u getting??? If its not throwing a code then most likely they should be still working correctly.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I may be totally wrong here, but there is a difference in working correctly, and working accurately or efficiently. I've just tried everything I can think of and it doesn't get any better than 20-21 highway and 18 city. I got about 28-30 highway and 22 city with the LE. Pretty much exact set up other than the moonroof. If all else fails I'm pulling the EEC out of the LE and swapping it into the LX! I know, thats just rediculous. But something made it get the mileage it did. And it wasn't because I was so easy on the gas pedal.

·
Registered
255 Posts
You might throw a code soon, if i were you id wait a lil bit longer.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
i wonder if your bad milage would possibly be from the winter blend gas??? Whats the avg temp down by u that might also be a factor

·
5,650 Posts
Oxygen sensor can get slow responding and slightly inaccurate as they age and get carbon-fouled, and they won't throw a code. Usually the oxygen sensors will keep functioning beyond their service interval of 100k miles, but they don't become slow-responding enough to upset the PCM and throw a code. If the things have more than 100k, replace at least both front ones. The rears won't factor into gas mileage. I'll bet you'll see an improvement in power, gas mileage, and overall response of the car.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats just what I was thinking. I know its a bad comparison, but kind of like how a spark plug can still "work" but not do it well, causing inefficiency.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.