TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,130 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,130 Posts
This looks good, but I don't have a Android or a palm/laptop.

Thanks!
Then for a stand-alone, how about http://www.dealextreme.com/p/maxiscan-ms509-2-8-lcd-obd2-eobd-car-diagnostic-auto-code-scanner-35022 (can dump data to a laptop, can also allow datalogging with appropriate software).

Or if you'll never be interested in that, how about http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/diagnostics/can-obdii-code-reader-with-multilingual-menu-98568.html (but notice how little you save for loosing the capability of datalogging .)

RwP

·
Registered
833 Posts
A good one OBD2 didn't start til' 96 your 94 bird has the plug on the passenger side under the dash this was when ford first started working with OBD2

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,523 Posts
... What?

OBDII is just the name for a standard defined for an engine and emission monitoring system. It wasn't mandated to be on every vehicle until the 1996 model year, but several manufacturers started adopting it as early as the 94 model year, as is exemplified by the 94-5 4.6 MN12s.

·
Registered
833 Posts
... What?

OBDII is just the name for a standard defined for an engine and emission monitoring system. It wasn't mandated to be on every vehicle until the 1996 model year, but several manufacturers started adopting it as early as the 94 model year, as is exemplified by the 94-5 4.6 MN12s.
Yeah that's what I meant. sorry for the confusion.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,523 Posts
True, Panthers weren't OBD-II until 95.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
If you are looking for a thorough system that can do most anything try the obdlink. I bought it with the ford upgrades and wifi. Works great, even the 1/4 mile times seem to be pretty close. As soon as I get to the track I will find out for sure. Much cheaper than buying a rotunda superstar or snap on mt2500.
Alan

·
Registered
139 Posts
Funny my 4.6L early model build date 1994 mn12 IS OBDII. Passenger side connector data port and the funky 1st revision AODE. (You know the one with the 2 pages of TSPs)

·
Super Moderator
5,130 Posts
Funny my 4.6L early model build date 1994 mn12 IS OBDII. Passenger side connector data port and the funky 1st revision AODE. (You know the one with the 2 pages of TSPs)
Funny.

What Terminator93 said was:

Hint: A Cougar isn't a Panther. Nor are any MN12s.

Panthers are Crown Vics and Grand Marquis.

(And is it necessary for most corrections to have errors? According to Ford build sheets, NO MN12 has an AODE, all had AODs until they switched to 4R70Ws.)

RwP

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
My Dad had a '94 MKVIII "Panther" edition. It was pearl white with a tan leather interior, and it had a gold badge on the fenders with a sprinting panther, and the exhaust tips were unique and the interior was a bit different than a typical MKVIII or LSC. When he got it I posted on several sites to see if anyone had any info on it. But I didn't get much of a response. It got wrecked badly in '05 (an old woman went thru a red signal and they had an offset front end collision that totalled the car. He survived only to die a few months later at a nursing home/rehab center :( were is was to be recouperating. We sued and had a settlement, But I'm not allowed to talk about that. Any who, Wish they were both still here.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Funny.

What Terminator93 said was:

Hint: A Cougar isn't a Panther. Nor are any MN12s.

Panthers are Crown Vics and Grand Marquis.

(And is it necessary for most corrections to have errors? According to Ford build sheets, NO MN12 has an AODE, all had AODs until they switched to 4R70Ws.)

RwP

Yeah .. according to the build sheet directly from Ford records, my 1994 Super Coupe should have came with a 5.8L 351W V8 engine in it. Whats up with that ?!?!?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts