TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta a quick question. I have 3.27's on my 96 however, i am finding the fact that they are not trac-lok'ed a little frustrating. My girlfriend works at AutoNation which in turn over here owns one of the ford dealerships which gets me employee discounts on cars and parts. So i guess my question is that i want to switch to 3.73's with trac-lok so which would be the best pumpkin to get since i can get discounts? Would the 99 cobra pumkin be the best or is there one better or all they all the same? Thx for the info.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Get the COBRA rear end. Relatively quick and easy swap. I don't remember exactly why.......but the '99 is what you need.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
99 is 28 spline, after that, they were 31, and won't work with the TBird halfshafts.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, I see...........thx for the info.....i shall price the cobra pumpkin and let you know what i can get it for.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just buy the FRPP pumpkin from Justin. I doubt that any employee discount will beat the price he has on that. It'll cost a lot more to buy the necessary parts to convert your diff to 3.73s and traction lok.

·
Registered
748 Posts
RICH95XR7: Thank you !!! I forgot why you could only go with the '99 and didn't want to guess. :)

·
Registered
987 Posts
Ask Justin :) I believe it is everything, but ask him to be safe...

Sam

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Unless your girlfriend works at an FRPP parts dealer, you won't get a discount on the pumpkin with the 3.73's. If the dealer she works at isn't an SVT dealer, she won't get you a discount either. This is because they would have to order the parts from a dealer that is an SVT or FRPP dealer and by the time that happens, the profit is gone so they can't discount it.

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
wasn't it in 03 that the cobras came out with 31 splines and not in 01?

·
Registered
748 Posts
BlackCat94 said:
The '99 Cobra diff. only had 3.27's anyway.
Maybe on a stock Cobra, from the factory. You can get a '99 Cobra diff. with 3.73's from FRPP, 5 Star Ford, or Dan Newman at his new place of employment. And the whole unit, ready to install.......is right around $700.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts