TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WASHBOARD feeling on bad pavement? The sport suspension of my sport caused annoying vibrations on bumpy highways. The base model I had (96 V6) did SIMILAR thing, yes they are softer, but they still produced whasboard feeling. As far as the suspension compfortability is concerned, tbird is one of the worst among cars in my memory. Shocks on the model is not effective on bad roads.
Anyone help me choosing shocks which can dramatically reduce this bad vaibaration? Please exclude the OEMs (even V6). Thanks!

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
see now thats funny ford shocks ARE better than most after markets. i would almost recomend going after tires before id go thru the shocks. do a search. and you'll see the other shocks that everyone is using. but fords are one of them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tire suggestion. I have been using firestone/bridgestone, good year, in 15 in and 16 in wheels ... and pressure 30-32 psi.
I have driven other stiff cars, yes, they are stiff, but shocks are "smarter" than Ford's shocks in that "washborad feeling" is far less evident. Roads around here are not good. I must admit, many Japanese cars and German cars are much better in their shocks. Can Ford hire someone who really knows how to design a better shock? sad

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Motorcraft (Ford) has AWESOME shock's. I wouldn't buy anything else. Hands down, best bang for the buck. From my memory, tbirds and cougars are one of the best riding, handling car's for it's weight. I love my ride. Smooth yet firm. Mmmmmmm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts