TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really care what they look like. As long as they are safe and mechanically strong. I am looking for stopping power of 13 inch bembo brakes. But first I need to get 17 or 18's. Any body have a link?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Here are 2 of the choices i know of for 17"

1. 17" Lincoln Ls
2. 17" 2001-03 Thunderbird Factory Wheels.

I know of those 2 i know there are more but i cant remember em off the top of my head right now.

Jay

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
17" Jaguar S-Type wheels would also fit with spacers, they are on the same platform as the LS and newer Birds. Probably not something that you're likely to find a deal on though !!

Not sure if any of those would have enough clearance for the Brembo four piston calipers though, they are much chunkier than the PBR Cobra style two piston units. I'll make this observation ... if you can afford the Brembo package, which is going to run you in the neighbourhood of $1000 U.S. or more, you should be able to afford a decent set of aftermarket wheels that will clear them. Otherwise, on a more reasonable budget, consider going with the 13" PBR set-up, it can be done for half that much money. These are very effective compared to stock T-Bird brakes. I use my SC for some open-track events, mostly just out there when instructing, and my car will get hauled down from 120+ mph to about 70 mph in less than 250 feet with good tires, for the entrance of the chicane on the back straight at Watkins Glen ... pedal stays hard for a 20 minute session, and no rotor problems.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts