1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had experience on addco 1 1/8"
or 1 1/4" bar?
I currently have a 96 sport, and I do not want
the car to be too stiff (it's already plenty of stiff!).
Certainly 1 1/4" is better that sport, but I heard it
rides bouncy, anyone has input on the it?

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Go for the ADDCO! You will NOT be sorry. It's a VERY nice improvement in the handling of your car.

·
Registered
488 Posts
WHen i got all my suspension stuff on with the install of the 1.25" swaybar only it made the car much more nutral, it still pused in sone hard turns but not near as bad as stock. I have a 91 base 5.0. IMO my car would handles just as good if not better than my dads 96 sport, cant wait to ditch the 15"s

Josh

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Josh, add a Strut Tower Brace and you will eliminate the vast majority of your pushing.

BTW, it's real easy to get so accustomed to the way your car feels that you don't realize how good it really does handle. Once you've done a lot to the suspension of your car, go out and drive a stock 3.8 or 4.6 with stock sized tires on it. You will think it handles like garbage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I added the 1 1/4" rear bar awile ago. The ride did get slightly stiffer, but the car handles MUCH better in the turns. You will be able to take on and off ramps at a higher rate of speed, because the car will not be "pushing" through the turn. One downside to the stiffer bar is turning on uneven pavement (driveways, intersecting roads at different hights) the rear tire will lose traction and spin sometimes.

If you get the bar, ask for 3/8" bolts for the end links - the 5/16" bolts will bend when the rear of the car is raised.

You could also try polyurathane bushings on the endlinks and supports of your original bar.

·
Registered
244 Posts
yup. i love my 1.25" bar. i lowered the car and put new bilsteins all around at the same time also. the car handles awesome. spend the money. i have a 96 xr7, which has the larger sway bar stock, and the addco one eliminates a lot of roll. for end links, i bought addco part # 008 from auto zone. i only bought it for the bushings, sleeves, and washers. then i bought some 3/8" bolts for the actual link. they are quite strong. i also broke a sway bar bracket, so you may want to buy one from Ford just to have handy. mine broke on a saturday, parked it till tuesday waiting for the bracket. good luck.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Sir William said:
Josh, add a Strut Tower Brace and you will eliminate the vast majority of your pushing.
Dear god NO! he has converted to the evil worship of the STRUT!

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Dear god NO! he has converted to the evil worship of the STRUT!
Ha Ha Ha....you know what I'm talking about weenie!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts