TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a :search: but I am not finding the exact information that I want. What TC and flexplate will be optimal (from a performance perspective) for the '02 Explorer swap? It sounds like most people recommend the MK8 setup, but no one explains why.
BTW my crankshaft has six bolts for the flexplate.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
if u dont wanna throw down lots of money, buy something like the mark8 or a Marauder TC...and im pretty sure the mark8 flex plate would work...i know for a fact u need a mark8 flex plate if u run a mark8 TC or Marauder TC

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
tinman_72 said:
It sounds like most people recommend the MK8 setup, but no one explains why.
Many people recommend the Mark tc because it is better than stock and relatively cheap. It doesn't balloon at the same RPM that the stock tc does, and it is higher stall. Some have said even the Mark tc isn't enough behind a PI engine, that they would recommend a 3k+ RPM stall. Things can get somewhat expensive then. The Mark or Marauder TCs are both good upgrades though.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
my rule of thumb mark 8 tc stalls at 2400rpms and the maurder one at 2600...the mark 8 one is the same TC as the gt mustang stock Tc also so it would suffice...if i had an 02 explorer engine id go with the maurder tc b/c it has the higher stall and a good price...if you want more performance from your TC try a 9.5" Pi 3200 Stallion converter...i think thats what its called...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts