TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be doing a PI swap, and while I'm in there, I was considering a stiffer front sway bar. I have warn shocks and springs at the moment, and won't be looking to replace them until next year when I have more funds.

Knowing this, would it be safe to run a thicker front sway bar with an aluminum engine, and all worn suspension parts? The rear wouldn't be installed for a while either.

Something tells me that this would give some unfavorable results :)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Safety first. Always replace worn parts first, unless you just have the sway bar sitting in your garage doing nothing already. Spend or save the funds on a set of SC or Sport springs and shocks. How many miles are on your car? Springs don't generally wear out too quickly, however shocks do. You might just get a decent set of shocks and let it go for now. Since funds are an issue, if you can find an SC front bar (particularly from an 89) then go ahead and put that in while you've got the engine out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I recently, (within the last couple years), replaced EVERY SINGLE suspension and steering piece in my front end with Moog parts. Unfortunatley, It already sounds as if there is a mouse playing drums in my front end. I don't know if I should blame the parts or the mechanic.:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts