TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
91 Super Coupe
1,339 Posts
Some guys might be interested in just the blower on SCCoA. Not sure what pricing you could get on that.. Not sure if XR7 Dave is a dealer for whipple or if he just picks them up retail for the kits he builds. If he is getting them retail I'm sure he would be interested in getting a discount. He would be the only one that may be a dealer over there. You can email him at mdkracing at windstream dot net.

I'll post some comparo pics when we get the blower.:D
Chris,

What size blower are you getting ? For your SC or the Marauder ?

David

·
Registered
684 Posts
3.4 polished. Shh... don't tell Dave.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Went from the baby blower. 2.3

To the bigger baby blower.:D 3.4 Crusher!

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well I can price just the blower if need be

Robert

·
Registered
833 Posts
Well I can price just the blower if need be

Robert
I would need what ever else is needed to install it, aside from the obvious.
Just what I would need for the install not including supporting mods that part can just be a list.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I would need what ever else is needed to install it, aside from the obvious.
Just what I would need for the install not including supporting mods that part can just be a list.
You have to fab all the stuff to mount a whipple to the SC engine. Whipple/KB do not make a kit for a SC.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The whipple do look nice, and talking kb vs whipple I'd say the whipple wins after having both, the kb was nice, but the whipple stomps it bad

Robert

·
Registered
833 Posts
What kinda modification is required to make a Whipple work on a sc? I can handle having to modify and fabricate to make it work, just trying to figure out if I will keeping the cost in mind. Also considering a 6 spd swap. If it makes it easier

·
Registered
684 Posts
You need to make an inlet for the whipple. Then some kind of mount to hold it down. And most likely some lower intake modifications. You could probably get away with no lower intake mods if you raised the blower, but would need a cowl hood for that. And I think the lightning pulleys work but you may need a custom pulley. You also may be able to make a whipple inlet work with some modification.

Search threads started by nickleman60 and you can get an idea. Or you can hire XR7 Dave to build you a kit. He is one of the few that have done it for multiple people. But you have to wait for a few others to be done first, like mine.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The whipp looks good in the marauder.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.