TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently did a waterpump on my 91 SC. ever since the change i have some weird whistle. its hard to explain but, is consistant with the rpm's for about 2-3 minutes and then it stops. i took off the upper intercooler pipe and painted it along with a few tensioners. i did seal the top plenum. any thoughts???

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Bearing .

Thats all I can think of . You might want to spray WD40 .

Hope it helps .

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Yes spray the pulleys and see if it gets quieter. If not then move on to other items it could be.
Tensioner pulleys like to make noises. I had one on the V8 for the longest that everyone thought I had a blower whine. Ha then they looked closer at the car.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so you guys think that its the tensioners whistleing... ??

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
ditto

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
10-4 will initiate lubeing!!!! stand by for confirmation.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope. wd-40 didn't work!!!

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LOL It won't help your problem, but it reminds me of a movie quote:

Viva Las Vegas said:
Ann Margaret: Can you check my motor, it whistles.
Elvis Presley: I don't blame it!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Sounds like a small vacuum leak, start spraying carb cleaner on all the IC tube connections and on the vacuum hose connections and you will know when you find it.

David

·
Administrator
753 Posts
LOL It won't help your problem, but it reminds me of a movie quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Las Vegas
Ann Margaret: Can you check my motor, it whistles.
Elvis Presley: I don't blame it!
most of these kids probably don't know who Ann Margaret is, and
have never seen Elvis in a movie - you are dating yourself traveler :)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
back on subject guys..... just another note, my idle is very low now, sometimes oil pressure gets very low and car wants to stall....

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
back on subject guys..... just another note, my idle is very low now, sometimes oil pressure gets very low and car wants to stall....
Vacuum leak....did you try spraying the connections with carb cleaner ?

David

·
The Parts Guy
7,639 Posts
Yep, definitely sounds like you have a vacuum leak. I'll even go out on a limb and bet that it is at the connection between the top IC tube and the IC.

-Rod

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep, definitely sounds like you have a vacuum leak. I'll even go out on a limb and bet that it is at the connection between the top IC tube and the IC.

-Rod
well, i did seal it and i had a spanner wrench to tighten it... mabay ill take it all off and be more cautious this time...

·
The Parts Guy
7,639 Posts
well, i did seal it and i had a spanner wrench to tighten it... mabay ill take it all off and be more cautious this time...
I was referring to the connection between the IC (intercooler) and the upper IC tube, not the connection between the SC (supercharger) and the upper IC tube. It's a common source for vacuum/boost leaks.

-Rod

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was referring to the connection between the IC (intercooler) and the upper IC tube, not the connection between the SC (supercharger) and the upper IC tube. It's a common source for vacuum/boost leaks.

-Rod
oh, ill check that out.....thanks!:tongue:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts