TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got the T-bird driveable again...........Had to get the inner tie rods replaced, and everything else tightened up before I could get the car realigned, but now it's all good. At least it goes straight, and drives as good or better than 6 weeks ago.

As far as the body goes, the front passenger fender and bumper are still in "R.I.P " condition. I'm planning on getting the car completely repainted, and have the body shop repair those 2 parts. However, I have some parts in my garage that I need to replace, namely the ones in the title (hood, header panel, and headlight). This should reduce the labor associated with the body shop when I take it to get fixed and painted. I was going to have my best friend help me, but he just had surgery and he can't lift anything for a while.........so I figured the next best thing would be to ask someone you fine gentlemen, especially given since most of you have at one time or another, taken most of your Birds apart.

I'll feed you, give u a full tank of gas, and you can drive my Mach (maybe :D ). I live in SW Broward (Miramar).

Also, do you think I should just look for a replacement bumper and/or passenger fender? Are those easy to replace? Will it be cheaper to do that and repaint the car, or repair the damage and repaint the car...........I don't know what to do?

Please help,
thanks,
JC

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
id come help, but im all the way in Indian River County and my bird is down.....see sig....lol, but good luck, i would def come down for the food, gas, the maybe driving the mach....

good luck
Marc

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
PM me or call me at 786-263-2547 to set up a time . Im here in north DADE .
think you better of buying the fender from the Yard.
Maic

·
Registered
37 Posts
hey

actually youd be surprised, yards are starting ot get just as rediculous as buying from wholesalers, i paint at my dads auto body shop, when i wrecked my bird, i had to replace front bumper, hood, left headlight and headlight mounting panel, grant it we get a little discount from the wholesaler, the prices werent that varied, plus parts from the yard usually need tender love and care, not just a throw on and go procedure, but cheaper yes they are, not much though

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Rickys4.6 said:
actually youd be surprised, yards are starting ot get just as rediculous as buying from wholesalers, i paint at my dads auto body shop, when i wrecked my bird, i had to replace front bumper, hood, left headlight and headlight mounting panel, grant it we get a little discount from the wholesaler, the prices werent that varied, plus parts from the yard usually need tender love and care, not just a throw on and go procedure, but cheaper yes they are, not much though
See here i get a Fender for $30,Bumper $27.50 from the Yard, think is cheaper to buy 1 and put em on since he gonna paint the whole car, if you have a damege fender and the bodyshop repair it for you ...................Labor kills !
I dont like to have more bodywork/repair than needed, most of the time thats the spots they chip first.
Just my opion ....Maic

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for my delay in responding...........

I think what I'm going to do is go back to the junkyard where I got my hood, and hope that they got more 96-97's; they are hard to come by at junkyards. I'm gonna get me a bumper cover and the passenger fender too.

How hard is the fender to replace; I suppose the bumper cover will be easy, but not sure about the fender?

MAIC,
You probably live 10 minutes from me...........I live in Vizcaya, which essentiall starts @ Honeyhill and 67th, and North into Miramar. I'll definitely take you up on your offer. THANKS A MILLION............I'll let you know when I get the bumper cover and fender, and then I'll definitely bug you. BTW, if you know of another place, please let me know. I'll try anything.

thanks again,
JC

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Rickys4.6 said:
the u pull its that are around me, are 20 a fender, 50 a hood , 50 a bumper cover and the aftermarket is ok to but you gotta watch what you buy , lot of times your still better off with

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
10/4 ! million parts over on Old Griffin has an 96 in silver, just dont remember what was dameged on it . (Yes it is an 4.6)
Maic

·
Registered
196 Posts
I can stop by too.... just throw me an email... I live in Delray, but work in North Miami near Dolphins stadium (441 near countyline road)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MAIC said:
10/4 ! million parts over on Old Griffin has an 96 in silver, just dont remember what was dameged on it . (Yes it is an 4.6)
Maic
What's the place called? 10/4 million parts? Your post is kinda confusing.

I was gonna go check U-pull it this week..............that's where I got my hood for $30 a few months back. Had I known I was gonna have an accident, I'd of just stripped that one. :tongue:

JC

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
The Mach Says said:
What's the place called? 10/4 million parts? Your post is kinda confusing.

I was gonna go check U-pull it this week..............that's where I got my hood for $30 a few months back. Had I known I was gonna have an accident, I'd of just stripped that one. :tongue:

JC
LOL !!! sry fo ma inglish !!!!
10/4 that you call me when you reddy.
Million Parts is the name of the yard on Old griffin Rd.is a lil more expensive than U-pull or U-pick but has some good parts some times, you also can try ML next to U-Pull, i dont like em , ML is rippoff.
Good luck and let me know what you see at U-pull.
Maic

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an update.............I was out at the U-Pull It on St Rd 7, Davie yesterday...........they don't have any 96-97's...............plenty of 94-95's though if anyone needs anything; engines and bodies were still pretty complete (suspensions & rear ends were torn up though on most).

Just to satisfy my curiosity; a front fender from a 94-95 WILL NOT work on a 96-97 right? Is this assumption correct??

thanks,
JC

·
Registered
196 Posts
The Mach Says said:
Just an update.............I was out at the U-Pull It on St Rd 7, Davie yesterday...........they don't have any 96-97's...............plenty of 94-95's though if anyone needs anything; engines and bodies were still pretty complete (suspensions & rear ends were torn up though on most).

Just to satisfy my curiosity; a front fender from a 94-95 WILL NOT work on a 96-97 right? Is this assumption correct??

thanks,
JC
i'm pretty sure they are the same, you just may need to gook your side moulding off your existing fender to put on the 94-95 version.. the market lights are the same, so that leads me to beleive they are..

I need to get over there, that's the cleanest junk yard there is.. i need to check it out

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The Mach Says said:

thanks,
JC
any silver birds? i need a front right fender 94/95

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
94V8Thunderbird said:
any silver birds? i need a front right fender 94/95
No silver ones..........a couple of redfire metallics (I think that's the name), and a couple of ivory ones.

JC

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So judging from you all's response, I should go back and get the ivory colored front members, and add back my fender trim???

DAMMIT..............I should have asked this BEFORE I went...........now I gotta go back.

JC

·
Administrator
748 Posts
MAIC said:
million parts over on Old Griffin has an 96 in silver, just dont remember what was damaged on it . (Yes it is an 4.6)
Maic
You might want to talk to Mike (MAIC) about that one 94V8Thunderbird.

The Mach Says said:
Your post is kinda confusing.
Mike is easier to understand in person - those crazy German guys..... :D

just kidding Mike!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
mrs.tbirdbrain said:
You might want to talk to Mike (MAIC) about that one 94V8Thunderbird
10/4....good idea....but arent the fenders on a 96 different than the fenders on a 94?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts