TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to repair my 12W6's.

I used this company before when I did my 15" Cerwin Vegas.
http://www.wooferrepair.com/

But they don't sell an application just for JL Audio 12W6's.

Anyone know of a company that does?
Thats also around $30 for the kit?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
i know an audio wiz. i will try to get a hold of him.

he said to send them back to jl. thats what he would do at least. sorry if that doesnt help.

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
IMO I would send it back to JL. I have sent items to repair shops before and never been satisified like I was with it back the the manufacturer.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BAGGED89 said:
IMO I would send it back to JL. I have sent items to repair shops before and never been satisified like I was with it back the the manufacturer.
I'm going to re do them myself.
I did my Cerwin about a year ago, and they are great.

Just need to re edge my JL's now.

Sending them back to JL would be a bit out of my budget.....and also knowing I can do it for around $30 is plus.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
how do those cerwins sound? i had a set of 12's that were dvc but they were blown so i never had a chance to see how they sounded in my turbo coupe

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ZeroRain said:
how do those cerwins sound? i had a set of 12's that were dvc but they were blown so i never had a chance to see how they sounded in my turbo coupe
they sound great....they are 15" speakers....they are in my house, in my D9's. Anyone remember those?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tbirdbrain said:
In case you haven’t had success so far, you might call these folks and see. I have used them for years. They are South Florida Speaker Repair http://www.speakersaver.com/
I already oredered then from the compnay above....but thanks though.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
back to the top.

well, I have some more speakers I need to repair, 1 is a JL 12W1, and the other is a 12W3.

looks like wooferrepair.com is no longer in buisness....which sucks, cause I used them before with great success.

anyone have a recomendation?

·
Registered
474 Posts
No recommendation for ya but I am in the same boat you are in. Just blew one of my infinity kappas this weekend. I love infinity but their RMS power sucks. Thats why I keep blowing them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts