1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Thats a damn good looking car.I have a 97 LX w/Sport pack.I was wondering if you know what the differences in the 2 are.I know the LE had a badge and the silver in the molding,was wondering if there was anything else.Thanks for the info. Jim

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, mine came with nifty floor mats with the Limited Edition emblem embroidered in the (looks like the Ann. emblem). It has Limited Edition metal emblems on the fenders, sgain a lot like the ann. emblems. It came with leather, the silver filling in the cladding, which says Limited Edition in it on the quarter panel below the rear window. The springs and sway bars are the normal V8 LX ones, but I have Eibach springs now. The rims, were an option, mine came with the 16" LX ones. You could get the 3.8L engine, I have the 4.6L. Mine has a moonroof, factory keyless entry/trunk pop. And mine had leather from the factory, but now i have Grey leather SC seats from a 94 front and rear. Chris

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
well sounds like all I missed out on were the badges and the floor mats.Mine came with the leather the sunroof and the heavier sway bars and springs.Mine also came with the cd player and factory premium sound and the 16" alloy wheels.I have the keyless entry for the doors and trunk as well.I have 17"cobra r's tucked away waiting for rubber and a set of 95 Sc side gfx and the rear bumper.As soon as I make my front bumper all of it will go on and the whole car gets repainted with my factory alpine green base and a heavy pearl to jazz it up some.Good luck to you and again beautiful car man. Jim

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
only thing different is the LE cars got exactly what CobrR said, floormats, silver/red stripe and fender emblems.

sport package, 16" rims, swaybar, brakes, springs, something else i cant remember and the 97's got a spoiler included.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine also came with a spoiler, and.....the sports all came with the 4R70W...right? Mine has the 4R70W, and doesn't have ABS....do all the sports have ABS? Chris

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
CobraRThunder said:
Mine also came with a spoiler, and.....the sports all came with the 4R70W...right? Mine has the 4R70W, and doesn't have ABS....do all the sports have ABS? Chris
all 94+ 4.6's had 4R70Ws

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
CobraRThunder said:
as far as the abs goes, the sports all came with disks but not all them had abs or traction control, thoes were seperate options. i have a sport with 4 disks and no abs. but i also have the smaller front rotors that came on regular lx's

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
VicRattlehead said:

as far as the abs goes, the sports all came with disks but not all them had abs or traction control, thoes were seperate options. i have a sport with 4 disks and no abs. but i also have the smaller front rotors that came on regular lx's
mine is another sport that doesnt have ABS. fortunately, i have the larger front rotors. sports also got different shocks. plus mine just looks better than yours :tongue:

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Robinson said:

mine is another sport that doesnt have ABS. fortunately, i have the larger front rotors. sports also got different shocks. plus mine just looks better than yours :tongue:
pfft whatever dude! have you seen mine NO, have i seen yours, yep is mine nicer YEP! is it faster YEP, is it better YOUR DAMN RIGHT IT IS!!

:D

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so am i the only guy that drives an Limited Edition or what? Where is everyone with one. Oh and does anyone got the # of the limited birds produced? Chris

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
LimitedEditionBird also has one (duh)

You can see pics of it <a href="http://www.shadoweb.net/tbird/03-01-19/index7.html">here</a>

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
CobraRThunder said:
so am i the only guy that drives an Limited Edition or what? Where is everyone with one. Oh and does anyone got the # of the limited birds produced? Chris
There are a few people here with them. There is no production number out there for these though, at least that I know of that anyone here has. The last limited production tbird to be kept track of was probably the 35th ann. (The 95 5 speed is not considered "limited edition"). They are nice looking cars. Only a appearance package but still nice and simple.
I have seen a few in person. Here is Curt's who was at a show I was at a year and a half ago. His happens to be a Limited edition and a sport.

-Shawn

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Robinson said:

should we compare how many days of regular use the two sports have gotten over the last year? hmm?

:eek:
umm sure.

jan1-may15 nov18-dec31 driven every day except mabey 2-3 days durring thoes times.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Robinson said:

haha, thats what i thought.

im just giving you a hard time
let me gues, you drive yours first day of summer til the first day of fall, then store it all fall winter spring long. hmm?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
VicRattlehead said:

let me gues, you drive yours first day of summer til the first day of fall, then store it all fall winter spring long. hmm?
god no, its been driven every day since i bought it in november of 2000 except for the 1 day it was down for the intake manifold, and the 3 days it was down for the new engine. im sure there were some days that i didnt leave the house and it wasnt driven, but besides those 4 days it has been in comission since i bought it 26 months ago.

so there:tongue:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts