TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think the fastest rides has been updated ever so my friend is asking me about the fastest Thunderbirds around, and I couldn't answer the question very well. So tell me about something I don't know. I see Blake-Vortech is the only entry in the V-8 P/A section with a highly commendable 11.8. I think there are MN12's/FN10's that will beat that but I'm not positive, and I also don't mind hearing about the ones that are almost the fastest....

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I beleive Blake had a 11.98 or 11.99

EECDOC (Mike Siska) has a 11.92 under his belt.

However, I think Mike T's Pro-stock T-bird would beat either of them, not sure on that....

oh, the the correct term is quickest...fastest is top speed.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Well the top spot on the MidWestFords fastest fifty or so is about 4 seconds faster than mike.

*----------------MWF Top 50(or so)---------------*

--------- 7 Sec -----------------
1. 598, 94 T bird, [email protected] (1.13 - 60') (Mods - Heads, Cam, Intake, Stroker, BigBlock and Nitrous)

NO i dont have any info on the car, YES ive been trying to get in contact with him but i have yet to succed in getting any info on the car.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I thought Blake's record run was an 11.89? thats what the video of it says...

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Yep, it needs updated!!!

AND while they are at it, lets seperate the full race cars from the street cars to be fair. I mean, any of you want to pull yours up against a trailored RACE car only?? How many of those you going to pull up to next to a stoplight?? If you can't drive it on a 300 mile trip, Interstate, City, stop and go, don't have tags and insurance or registration, then I'd say it ain't street legal!!!! Guess that would make it a RACE car.
Would also include a full interior. Because that is what 99% of us drive everyday, correct.
Just some thoughts on how to set it up.:)

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
Re: Yep, it needs updated!!!

1MTNCAT said:
AND while they are at it, lets seperate the full race cars from the street cars to be fair. I mean, any of you want to pull yours up against a trailored RACE car only?? How many of those you going to pull up to next to a stoplight?? If you can't drive it on a 300 mile trip, Interstate, City, stop and go, don't have tags and insurance or registration, then I'd say it ain't street legal!!!! Guess that would make it a RACE car.
Would also include a full interior. Because that is what 99% of us drive everyday, correct.
Just some thoughts on how to set it up.:)
And what's the point if you can't take your 'Hot Rod' out cruisin and show off abit on the street? You know, 'Fun'.
What fun is a car only 9sec at a time?

Go to the track and just blister everybody.....Yea, that's great, Now get in and drive it home and I'll be impressed.

Like that dude with the hotrod truck at Higgins said once.
"I beat 'em on the track then I'll pass 'em on the interstate on their trailers goin home!" he was crazy; cool guy.:)

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
Yeah, racing at the track is fun, but what kind of life is it if everyone shows you up at the stop lights? I mean you go to the track and there are a few people there, but no one lives at the track, we live on the streets from day to day. That's where everyone is and that's where it counts. Let's say you get blown away by a guy in a Stang on the street, what are you gonna do? Chase him down to tell him that you own a fast race car? HAHAHAHAAAA!

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Well, he is apexing the next turn. But even though he can outrun most people through the turns, there's not too many that can catch him from a stop or top end either...

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I don't have curves like that around here, but I have aspirations to have something like his engine under my hood...

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Race Vs. Street

I know Mike and Kevin Tymensky very well as well as their dad. I have run against Mike in the Yellow T-bird at the NMRA Mod class on accassion and it is indeed very fast. BUT, they will tell you the same thing. It is a race car. I also know Shawn and I had the opportunity to run him at Maple Grove this past spring at the NMRA meet there. The car is a work of Art and I'm sure as Shawn gets the bugs out it will get even faster, But again it is a race car.
Both guys have run me in my Cougar, and I drove it there and competed. Full interior and all the toys. They treat me with a lot of respect. They run 11.5's 11-6's. So consider the fact that EECDOC just ran 11.92 in his DRIVER. Awesome!!!!! Bottom line is there are a good many quick race cars, Not so many super quick street cars. They both deserve credit. Race cars and Street cars and should be categorized accordingly.

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
Re: Race Vs. Street

1MTNCAT said:
I know Mike and Kevin Tymensky very well as well as their dad. I have run against Mike in the Yellow T-bird at the NMRA Mod class on accassion and it is indeed very fast. BUT, they will tell you the same thing. It is a race car. I also know Shawn and I had the opportunity to run him at Maple Grove this past spring at the NMRA meet there. The car is a work of Art and I'm sure as Shawn gets the bugs out it will get even faster, But again it is a race car.
Both guys have run me in my Cougar, and I drove it there and competed. Full interior and all the toys. They treat me with a lot of respect. They run 11.5's 11-6's. So consider the fact that EECDOC just ran 11.92 in his DRIVER. Awesome!!!!! Bottom line is there are a good many quick race cars, Not so many super quick street cars. They both deserve credit. Race cars and Street cars and should be categorized accordingly.
A few of the guys at the Southern Super Heavy Weight Shootout were in the 11's in street legal cars. A Mark VII ran an 11.9x and an Impala ran an 11.4x.

Yes you're right, both deserve credit; My hat's off to 'em. But I hope he gets those bugs you spoke of worked out, because a car that is strictly a Race Car that can only manage mid 11's seems to be a waste to me.

Keep in mind this is comin from a guy who's car can barely get out of the 15's.

Steve, next season you gotta come run Rockingham with us:cool:

1 - 20 of 92 Posts